6

As the night went on Charles and I stayed close together. Everyone on the boat was far more drunk then we had originally planned but when exactly do you plan on getting drunk? Charles had stopped drinking right after the kiss we had as he had to sober up so he could drive. It was now late in the afternoon and everyone had begun gathering their things so we could all go back to our homes.

"Lina are you going back with Charles?" Lily asked.

"Yeah we're gonna work on something together and then I'll head to mine after." I told her as I put my things in the bag I had brought.

She looked at me with a smile and just shook her head. I know she had seen what happened earlier but i was grateful she didn't push for any answers. To be fair I don't even think I knew what was going on.

Charles came up next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You ready?" I nodded back and before I could reach down he had already taken my bag in his hands.

We waved goodbye to everyone and headed down the dock to Charles' car hand in hand. For the first time in the whole time we were hanging out we didn't care who saw us. We didn't care which pap screamed out asking for answers because we didn't have any. In all the confusion we were just two people enjoying being with each other. It was just us.

_______________

We made it inside Charles' apartment and I kind of just stood around until he told me that I could use his shower to clean up if I'd like.

"Charles I forgot to pack another shirt do you have one I could borrow? I'll give it back I promise." I yelled out from the bathroom.

Of course it would be just my luck that I would realize I didn't pack my big shirt after I had showered. I sat on the counter in my shorts and bra when I heard Charles yelled out a quick yeah. I heard him running around the apartment before rushing to knock on the door.

"Just leave it on the floor outside the door." I said and I heard him set it down and hurry away which made me laugh.

I quickly opened the door and grabbed the shirt he had given me which was a black Ferrari shirt. I slipped it on before gathering my things from the bathroom and making my way to my bag that was in his guest room.

"You look good in ferrari merch." Charles said as he came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I look like a walking Ferrari billboard. Was this your plan? " I joked.

"Ah yes I want the world to see you in my Ferrari shirt just to find out you enjoy watching me drive in circles."
"oh and we've made the news Lina." He said showing me his phone.

"We've made it far enough without an article don't you think? I say this is a record ! " I joked

I genuinely was surprised that articles had started swirling since the first time we were spotted out together. I guess they were just waiting to pile it all up to make it a huge story that we've been together the past few days.

I grabbed my notebook and Charles walked me over to where his piano was. He had a guitar there as well. I quickly wrote down a line that had come to me and made a mental note to work on it later as I already had one chosen for today.

"Okay so what are you planning for this new song?"

"I have a random verse that I wrote in my notebook a few months back that I never really got to. I found it last night. Here I'll show you."

I opened up the notebook and set it in front of me before I grabbed the guitar from next to me and started to strum a few cords. I played the melody that I had thought fit with the lyrics before I started singing.

Meet you down at the bottom,
finish your bottle,
You know I know all your problems now
Flaked on me back in August,
and if I'm honest
You've goten harder to figure out
I know that you got everything you wanted
I heard a rumor, everybody's talkin'
'bout you now.

I had spent the whole night before looking through my song book looking at the pages where I had written random lines that I never elaborated on. Sometime these lines helped out of my writer's block.

"That sounds amazing Lina."

I looked over at him with a smile.

"Thank you charlie."

The rest of the night we spent it throwing ideas back and forth until we had come up with the entire song. It was interesting how fast things flowed with him. I had been surrounded by some of the greatest song writers and I don't think i've ever worked so well with someone before.

" Oh and I wanted to ask you something. When I end up recording these and releasing them I want to give you writing credits. And don't fight me about it, it's genuinely just what i need and want to do. So would you want these under your name or a fake one."

"A fake one ?"

"Yeah like taylor swift and joe alwyn wrote a song together and he used a fake name for the credits. It's common i guess but i think whatever you choose it'd be cool. One of the best drivers in the world is also songwriter." i said making an announcer voice at the end.

Charles laughed, "Then i think i'll just use my name, then i'll be able to brag about it to the other guys on the grid." He smiled to himself.

liked by: charlesleclerc, lilymhe , kellypiquet, and 166,472 otherscatalina

catalina.jacquet: wishful thinking....

comments....

user1746 : the hair bows are backkkk

user5728: anyone seen the article????
|user1846: yeah but we respect her privacy
*liked by catalina.jacquet!

charlesleclerc: 🧐💭✍️
|catalina.jacquet: 👍🏼👍🏼

lilymhe: bae looks so good might steal her away
|alexalbon: i'm right here????
|catalina.jacquet: she's mine now 😽

francisca.cgomes: you have to show me how to wear those hair bows
|catalina.jacquet: coming over rn love 🏃🏻‍♀️

_____________________
A/N: sorry for not updating i recently started uni so i've been quite busy!! i'll keep uploading when i find time i hope that's okay with all of you 🫶🏼❣️