2

AUTHOR POV

"Meera", Prem called for her in a low voice, causing her shiver from her spine. She slightly smiled at how she knows he cannot start his day without her help. "Aayi!" she said while running towards their room on the first floor.

                                 MEERA POV

I slowly opened the door of our room when i slipped over something. I was ready to fall on the floor, but I felt nothing. I slowly opened my eyes, only to be met by two dark brown eyes that were shinning because of the sunlight. His hand tightly securing my waist while i kept my hands on his bicep. My grip tightened on his bicep and all I could think was, 'only if we could be like this'.

The moment was broken by him as he left my waist and also removed my hand from his bicep. I looked down at the floor, hurt because of his actions. "Don't get too ahead of yourself, Meera." I remembered his first words to me. "Meera?" he shook my body, trying to get me back from my past recollection. "Yeah? Why did you call me?" I asked him, trying to be normal. He pointed towards his tie. He was almost thirty and still could not tie his own tie? wow.

I rolled my eyes and slowly went towards him, trying to reach his collar. Though I was above average height for a girl, Prem was abnormally tall which made it difficult for me to tie it. I still stood on my heels and tried tying it. After trying a lot, I finally succeeded and looked up at him with a smile only to find him looking at me already. His brown eyes stared deep into my soul, looking like they just found their new prey.

Feeling intimidated because of his gaze, I slowly pushed him away and went towards the door. "The breakfast is almost ready. Come down for eating." I said while looking at him straight in the eye, trying to look confident while my heart was melting away.

I went down while taking small steps, still processing what happened upstairs only to find a crying Leher running into her room.

                              LEHER POV

My heart broke. Only one heart but broken into millions of pieces. What did I do to deserve this from Abhi?

Then-

Abhi was again leaving for office early without eating breakfast. Knowing his behaviour, I packed his lunch as fast as possible and ran towards the door to give to him. "Abhi!" I called to make him stop. He turned around with an emotionless face. "Your box. Don't forget to eat." I said, concerned for his health, only to get scoffed at.

"Don't worry, this food won't go into waste. My peon always eats it. He will do the same today. You don't to show any sympathy towards me." He said with the most hurtful tone, hatred. I could sense it since day one. I can still sense it till day 465. He walked away from there and got into his car.

My mouth slightly opened at his choice of words. This was not the first time he was hurting me, but I could not believe my ears. Those words of his pierced straight into my heart. Tears started flowing down my eyes, without my knowledge. Though my soul was used to his words, my heart could still not get used to it.

Did he always want me to suffer? Why did he always target me? Am I that bad of a person for caring for him?

I ran towards my room, and locked the door. Turned on the fan at full speed and cried my heart out, till I could not hear my own voice. 'He needs time' I kept telling myself that and tried to calm down. The emotions were trying to pour out but there were no tears left. Even my eyes were tired but my heart wasn't. I know he'll change. He'll change for himself. I believe.

I slowly opened my room door, knowing that Meera Bhabhi would be waiting outside for me. I found her sitting on the ground near the door. My lips turned into a pout, trying my best to stop crying. "Bhabhi" I softly whispered and crashed into her arms. She hugged me like a mom hugs her kid, a sister who hugs her younger sister. I cried out, loudly, in her arms. Just when I thought I had no more tears, Bhabhi's hugs always proved me wrong.

"I'm so sorry, Leher." She whispered into my ears and kissing my forehead continuously. She gave me the love I never got. My tears kept flowing out like a dam but I knew I could cry as long I want  if it's her. She kept whispering sorry's and I kept shaking my head left to right, trying to tell her that it's okay.

My sobs turned into loud hiccups and I could feel someone rubbing my back, which made me feel better. My emotions calmed down and I was ready to face Meera Bhabhi only to find Jharna also with her. She looked scared and concerned which made me laugh. Only two days and she already feels like a sister to me.

I caressed her cheeks and said "Don't worry Jharna. I'm fine, baby." She gave me a small smile which made me smile back. "Bhabhi, thank you so much. I don't know how to thank you." I said gratefully. "No need to thank me. We are always there for you, Leher." She replied knowing my situation and current state.

I nodded my head and got up. They both left to do their own work while I was inside our room, leaning against the door and looking at the huge picture above our bed, our wedding day. I let out a humourless chuckle and freshened up.

I got out of our room only to find Abhi staring at me with a soul-less gaze. My body froze.

Why did he come back?
Did he see me cry?
Was he here to again hurt me with his words?

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

How was this chapter? Hope you guys liked it though it's a little too short:)