11

PREM POV

"Don't call me. Ever." That was the last message Meera sent me before leaving. She left me while I was still calculating my feelings for her. While I was still processing what we fought over.

Our marriage from the start had been arranged for my business. That was my side of the story. But for Meera? I saw that she put her heart and soul into our marriage and stayed with my family through thick and thin. She was there during every step of mine without me knowing. When I always gave 0 percent for our relationship, she put in my 50 percent too. She was the only one holding it together.

Her father had threatened me that if I didn't behave properly with Meera, he would not give me the contract of partnership that he had promised right before our marriage. My family had no knowledge about our situation and my contract with her father but somewhere I knew that they all knew our position in each other's life.

I of course felt threatened and didn't want to risk my business so I acted as if I was going to give our relationship a try. But looks like I failed. I failed miserably.

I fell for her. I was pretending for the contract but I ended up falling for my wife. The wife who always looked at me with love. Who looked at me with affection. Who looked at me as if the world would end if she didn't glance at me once. How could I never notice those stares each morning? How could I not see the care she had for me? Like people say 'you realise the value of a person once they are gone.' I was experiencing that now.

It has been almost a month since she left me all alone. Almost a month ago I had betrayed my wife. I had lied to her. But I was not pretending in the last. I fell deeply for her. Her smile. Her laugh. The tiny eyebrow raise she does when she's confused. The head tilt she does when she's trying to understand something. The way her cheeks blush when I come out of the washroom. The way her breath hitches when I stand close to her. The was her chest moves up and down when I touch her face. The way her body reacts when I hug her in my "sleep".

Everything about her is so perfect. It's like god made me and realised I was a menace so made her as a compensation. The best compensation on earth. My Meera. I miss the sound of her Payal. The way she wakes me up with her sweet "Premji, uthiye." I realised the value of my wife. I want to win her back. By hook or by crook, I will get my wife back to OUR house.

"Rahul, book a ticket to Kolkata. I'm getting your bhabhi back."

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

MEERA POV

It's been 28 days since I left home. His house, my home. The day I went back to my childhood home, my parents were worried sick but when I looked at my father, I just wanted to cry out loud.

"Why did you do that, papa?" I cried while hugging him. "I'm sorry, my baccha. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that, beta." He was as sad as I was but he didn't cry. My mom was just standing there looking at me with tears in her eyes. "I already told you to not do such things. In the end it's her who's getting affected." My mom complained while sobbing. "Pata nahi tha Rukmini ki hamari bacchi ka itna nuksan hoga. I thought this would've improved their relationship. But I was wrong. I didn't know it was using you. I was at fault bacche. Please forgive me." My dad said while caressing my head softly.

"There's nothing to forgive, papa. I'm just very disappointed in you and in Premji. I should've at least let him explain it to me, na?" I asked my dad feeling guilty. "Jo hogaya so hogaya. We can't help what happened. Take your time and stay here till you want. But some or the other day you have to meet him. You have to let him explain his side too. Okay, Meera?" My mom said while hugging me and I nodded my head.

I'll take some time and he'll take some time, I thought. But he didn't contact me for a month. He doesn't need me anymore I guess. He has used me enough. I was on a call with Leher, Jharna, maa, papa everyday but never did he call me. Never did he try to talk to me from their phones. He just acted as if I never existed in his life. Maybe I should move on like he did.

While I was lost in my thoughts I received a call. It was from an unknown number. It must be the job I applied for. If I had to stay here for months then why not do something productive. I answered without any second thoughts.
(M- Meera, OP- Other Person)
M- Hello?
OP- So angry at me that you blocked my number?
My heart dropped. This can't be him, right? Is it who I think it is?
M- Who-Who is this?
I managed to let out those words in a whisper.
OP- Tumhara pati, meri biwi.
It was Premji. My heart stopped beating. My breath hitched. I let out a gasp and cut the call immediately. Why did he call after these many days? Did he want to use me again? 

I immediately opened my contacts and looked for his contact. Shit! I had blocked him the day I came back home.

Suddenly I heard the door bell ring. I could hear my mom opening the door and greeting whoever came in. I just hope it's not him. I don't want to face him again. I don't want to cry again. I don't want to get my hopes crushed again. I don't want to fall for him all over again.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Heyy guyssss!
An update after almost a month😭😭😭
I'm so sorry and thank you for waiting so patiently!
Do let me know how this chapter was!
-Soniya<3