19

Would be great if you guys could comment and vote for all the chapters as it encourages me to update faster! Feel free to voice your opinions and thoughts as constructive criticism is appreciated here:) Happy reading!
Thank youuu<3
🥹🫶🏼
.
.
.
.

There was silence filled in the room as soon as Leher revealed the truth.

"I'm not signing them, Leher," Abhi told her honestly, trying to convince her.

"Abhi, please don't do this. Please," she held onto his shirt.

He shook his head as hard as hard as possible as a disapproval.

"Leher, 2 years. You spent two years trying to fix us. Please let me try now. Please," he tried to persuade her but nothing could do that.

"I tried for two years. Let me go now. I'm tired of trying, please." Tears flowed down her face. 

"Don't try, you don't try at all. Just let me try. Let me fix everything. I might now be able to give you everything but I don't want to let you go. I want to try. I want to give us a chance,"

"No, Abhi. Sorry but I can't. I'm tired. I'm mentally exhausted," those words left her mouth in a shaky manner causing Abhi to soften his eyes.

"One chance and I'll fix this-" "Shh...stop it, please," Leher kept her index finger on his lips to stop him.

"Can I tell you something?" Leher slowly detached herself from him and sat on the hospital bed.

Abhi settled beside her and held her hand, encouraging her to continue.

"I'm not right for you, Abhi. I've never been the one for you," she let out a humourless chuckled. Abhi wanted to comfort her but at this point all she had to do was let out her emotions.

"After Aakriti left us all, you were the most affected by it. You went through so many things and I tried so hard to be there for you but trust me, I never wanted to replace her," a loud sob left her throat hurting Abhi somewhere he didn't know.

"Even when I married you, Maa and Baba wanted you to move on and my parents looked at it like a deal," she scoffed out loud at her parents' behavior.

Abhi understandingly rubbed the back of her hand, trying to comfort her while holding back his tears.

"Aakriti was a beautiful soul. I can never take that title away from her. She was the one for you and after her there is someone else written for you and that someone is not me," her throat started to give up on her because of the emotions she held back for so long.

"I wanted to help you so bad that I didn't even think about the consequences. I did not realise how much I must've made you feel uncomfortable, how much I must have annoyed you," a sad smile framed her face while Abhi just listened to her words.

"I'm sorry for making it look like I was Aakriti. I just wanted you to go back to normal. I just wanted to help you love again. I just- just wanted the best for my husband," she now completely broke down while Abhi slowly pulled her closer to him.

"Please stop talking now," Abhi rubbed her hair and spoke those words.

"Aakriti was my past, Leher. I loved her a lot and I cannot deny that but, you are my present and my future. You are someone who I promised to spend my whole life with," he tried to assure her.

"I know that these two years I've been nothing but an asshole to you but I don't want to lose you Leher. I had not moved on from Aakriti when we got married but I tried. Trust me. Her death just caused a sudden shock in me, turning me into a dumb dumb man," he hit own head while Leher was still sniffing her tears.

"Love can be a huge word right now but I want to learn to love again. I want to bury my past a whole. Aakriti will be a part of my journey forever but I want you to be by my side as my wife forever. I will fight for you trust, your love and your attention," his words made Leher look up in a shock.

"I want the best for you, Leher. I want to be there for you like you are still there for me. Give me one chance and I'll treat you like you deserve to be treated. Please," Leher looked into his eyes to expecting to see nothing but saw his hopeful eyes and melted.

She still wasn't convinced because of the past years but wasn't sure what to say.

"I know you are in doubt now but I need you in my life. I don't know when you made place for yourself in my life but you just did. You can't just leave like that, right?" Abhi now was on the verge of tears, trying to convince his wife to stay with him.

After thinking through it in silence for fifteen minutes, Leher came to a conclusion.

"Just listen to me and do not talk, okay?" Abhi nodded his head like a lost puppy while Leher continued.

"Lets give 'us' three months. After three months if we still don't work out our differences, we'll part ways," Leher negotiated.

"If we are meant to be together the whole world will try to pull us. We'll see what will happen, hmm?" Leher said while trying to get out of Abhi's embrace only for him to pull her closer.

"I will try and you will sit back and relax. I will try to put in the same effort that you did. I want to be the best husband for my wife and I'll do anything to achieve that," he pushed her against his chest and hugged her as hard as he could, not letting her move even an inch.

"Abhi, please leave me. I'm not feeling comfortable," as soon as those words left her mouth, Abhi let her go in an instant while Leher gave an awkward smile as she was not used to this treatment.

"Umm..when will you be discharged?" Leher tried to reduce the awkwardness of the situation which was only awkward to her.

"In an hour," he replied while trying to look into her eyes only for her to look else where, forming a frown on his lips.

"Great, we're leaving to your village today. I've back your bags too so don't worry," she let out those words in a hurry and left without waiting for his reply.

He softly chuckled to himself and looked down thinking how to not lose the person who loves him the most, Leher.