6

MEERA POV

"Premji, is that you?" I said it out loud from our closet as I heard the door to our room open and shut. "Yes, it's me. Don't worry." He said in his calm and deep voice which made me feel butterflies deep inside. I chuckled at his assurance and went into our room after switching off the closet lights. "Tired?" I asked him while going near his side of the bed. "Hmm...very." He replied while groaning. I had a amused expression on my face due to his sudden change.

He was never this expressive nor did he answer to my questions properly. I ignored his change in behaviour and went to remove his blazer. "Good job. You've worked hard all day." I said while massaging his shoulders slightly. Just as I was about to move away, I felt him pulling me towards him. My back touching his broad chest. I could clearly hear his heavy breathing near my ears. Warm air was touching my neck making my spine tingle.

"Premji" I whispered because of the sudden contact while he just shushed me with his hand on my waist. "Thank you, Meera." He finally spoke which made me confused. "Huh? For what?" I questioned him. "For everything. For staying with me through thick and thin. Even when I didn't behave properly, you were there. When I didn't come home early you waited for me. When I didn't answer properly, you were patient. Thank you for everything you did for me. For us."

I chuckled at his gratitude and replied "You don't thank your wife. Your wife is your other half. Though it was hard for me to keep up with your behaviour, I could manage and later I got used to it. Whatever I'm doing tired me for sure but this family is what makes it all worth it." Thinking about those times made me sad. The days he used to not even answer to me. The days where my only comfort was calls with my parents and this lovely family. Times when he didn't even care about but indirectly did.

"I'm sorry. Sorry for not caring about you. Sorry for not replying to you. Sorry for not being there for you. Sorry for ignoring you. I didn't mean them I swear. All of the things that you were doing for me were something I never experienced. I was afraid. Afraid of hurting you. So ignoring was the only option left. And now I know how much of an asshole I was to you. Doing something is better than doing nothing, I realised. I want to give us a chance, Meera. Will you too?" He said as if he heard all my thoughts. His words surely made me emotional. Maybe a little too emotional which made me let out a few tears.

I slowly wiped the tears hoping for it to go unnoticed by him but I was too late I guess. "Meera are you crying?" He asked me while gently turning me around. I kept looking down the whole time. "Did I say something wrong? Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't realised, Meera. Please stop crying." His fingers made contact with my chin as he tried to make me look at him. I just shook my head and replied no. "Then what happened?" He questioned all concerned.

"This is what I wanted from day one. This care and communication was what I wanted. I wanted your love, Prem." I said while crying and poking his chest as way of letting everything out. "I know, I know. And I'm really very sorry, biwi. I know my mistake and now I'm ready to solve it. Please give me a chance, jaan. We'll make it work." He begged while holding my face with his hands.

I nodded my head vigorously as a yes and looked at him with teary eyes. "Baby steps?" I asked him as he said "baby steps it is, baby" while wiping away my tears, "Just one chance and I'll change everything, biwi. Trust me." "Just one chance, Premji. Please." I looked at him deeply into his eyes. "Trust me, biwi." He said making me chuckle at the name. "Biwi? That's new. You always say 'Meera' or 'suno'" I said while laughing with my head down. He softly smiled and patted her head. "Sojaye?" He softly whispered while I nodded my head. He went to change while I waited.

We went towards our bed and laid down on our side. I crawled towards him and slept on his hand. "Comfortable?" I asked him while he nodded his head and pulled me closer. "Baby steps" I whispered while he said back the same thing. That night, I had the most peaceful and beautiful sleep in my entire life. In the arms of my husband.

I don't know what made him change but I'm liking the new him. This is what I wanted. The love, the affection and if he wanted to, he would.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

What do you happened to prem?
Why did he suddenly change?
Will their relationship go a step forward?