5

LEHER POV

"Abhi!" I called out for him in the empty house. "ABHI!" I kept screaming while tears made their way down my face. "Abhi please don't do this! Please!" I begged for him to stop. I saw him on the second floor railing, trying to jump from there. "Abhi this is not right. Please don't do this!" I tried to stop him. "When she's not there with me, what's the point of living? Without her I'm just existing, not living." He said while tears rolled down his eyes. "Abhi, please. I'm there for you. I'll be there for you. I'll help you. Don't take this step, please." I helplessly begged him while sobbing hard. "Be happy while I'm gone, Leher."
"Leher! Leher! Leher!"

AUTHOR POV

"Leher! Wake up! Wake up! It's just a bad dream. Calm down, calm down." Abhi said while shaking her body, trying to wake her up. His voice came out worried without him knowing. Leher harshly opened her eyes. "Abhi? You're here?" She started crying as she threw herself on him. He didn't know what to do but all he knew was, she needed comfort. "Shh...it's okay...it's just a bad dream. Calm down." He whispered in her ears while rubbing her back. Her loud sobs turned into soft snores, calming Abhi down.

"I'm sorry, Leher. This is wrong." He said while slowly letting her go. He needed to get some fresh air after hearing her scream his name in terror. He saw how panicked she felt even while dreaming and that was because of him. She was suffering because of him. He needed a solution for this problem.

He got out of their bed and went into the balcony. "She's stuck here" was the only thought in his mind. He was spacing out while thinking and without his knowledge, slept on the sofa.

LEHER POV

"Abhi. Wake up." Why is he even sleeping here? Don't we have a bed of our own? Does he not want to sleep beside me now? All these thoughts were eating me up while I was trying to wake him from his sleep. "Abhi" I hardly shook his body and that's when he got up finally. "Why did you sleep here?" I asked him. He simply looked at me and went near the washroom. "Abhi I'm just asking you a simple question. Itna complicate kyu karna chahte ho tum?" "Leher, subah subah shuru math karna, please. I just woke up." His words hit me hard.

"What do you mean 'subah subah shuru math karna'. I don't even want to start a fight. Why are you acting like I do this everyday? Ek simple sa question tha bas." I replied but he closed his eyes in frustration. "Leher, shut up! Please shut up! You're so annoying!" He spit out those words so easily and went into the washroom. "Agar Kuch problem ho tho log solve karthe hein. Aise chillathe nahi." I screamed at the washroom door and left the room.

The rest of the day went on with us not looking at each other. Not talking to each other. But I wanted to be the bigger person.

He came home late, all tired and exhausted. I went near the main door and took his bag while asking him to freshen up and come for dinner. He simply nodded his head and went up. Dinner was better than breakfast. Some words were exchanged and some were unsaid.

                               AUTHOR POV

Abhi and Leher were in their room now. Though it was still awkward, they were used to this as they always have fights between them. "Abhi...can we talk it out?" She asked him while sighing. "Leher there's nothing to talk about. I've been telling you from the start. I told you we'd get a divorce after 2 months. But you still have hope in us?" He said in a frustrated voice. "It's not hope, Abhi. I want to help you. I'm your wife. I know you won't accept me as a wife but let me help you. I'm your friend before all other relations."

"This marriage that we are tied in? It's a loveless relationship. It has no meaning whatsoever. It's worthless and for a matter of fact, no one can help me. Until and unless it's her, no one can and no one will. So don't consider yourself as the person who can change me." He said without thinking twice while she was choosing her words carefully. "Why are being like this today? Why do you have to do this today?" "It's her death anniversary god dammit!" He screamed on top his lungs and left the room.

"Shit...shit shit shit! How could I forget? How could I even forget?" She started trembling as tears made their way down. She couldn't help herself nor could she help Abhi. She felt helpless. She went to sleep as she cocooned into her bed while crying. She was alone, so was he. She wanted love but he lost his.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

A small chapter as I wanted a double update 😭😭