20

Would be great if you guys could comment and vote for all the chapters as it encourages me to update faster! Feel free to voice your opinions and thoughts as constructive criticism is appreciated here:) Happy reading!
Thank youuu<3
🥹🫶🏼
.
.
.
.

As soon as Abhi got discharged from the hospital, everyone prepared themselves to go to their village, Chandrapur.

(Chandrapur, here is an imaginary village created by me)

Travelling from Delhi to a small village in Rajasthan was going to be tough. The whole travelling period was approximately seven hours excluding the breaks.

Prem, Meera were in one car while Leher and Rahul travelled in a different one making Abhi, Leher and their parents share one car.

She had pleaded her mother-in-law to be in the same car as them as she wasn't ready to face Abhi after their last conversation.

Leher was scared to even stand in front of Abhi after her breakdown and confessions in front of him and being in the same car made it more difficult for her.

Abhi had a frown on his face all this time as he expected Leher to sit in the passenger seat but his dad occupied it instead.

He kept looking at her through the mirror unaware of the fact that his mother was secretly taking glances at them.

"Uhm uhm" Rekha let out a loud cough to bring Abhi back into his senses.

"Beta, samne truck hein. Dhyan se chalao gadi," she teased him but Leher was clueless about it.

"Maa, I-I was just, you know, you see, I was," he couldn't form a proper sentence because of his mother calling him out suddenly.

"Ha Ha, samaj gayi. Ab road dekho," she let out a chuckle and looked at Leher who still didn't know why Maa said that.

"Maa, Kya hua? Is he falling asleep?" She asked cluelessly to which her mother-in-law hit her own head.

"You are so innocent, Leher baccha," she sighed and pulled Leher closer to her making Leher baffle and frown.

"Abhi," Leher let out those words after a lot of contemplation.

He turned his head back immediately with sparkling eyes, hoping his wife would want to exchange seats with his dad as he couldn't bear the snoring.

Without making any eye contact, Leher tried to speak to him.

"I'll drive if you are tired. You were anyways in the hospital for a long time. I'll drive for two hours or so-" her words were cut off because of Abhi turning front.

"No, I'll drive. You guys take rest. I've made you all run around enough for today," he sighed in disappointment.

While the situation was difficult in Abhi's car, Meera was lost in her thoughts while travelling with Prem.

"You okay?" Prem asked Meera while slowly holding her hand.

"Yeah," Meera replied half convincingly making Prem kiss the back of her hand.

"It's about Abhi and Leher, right?" He questioned her, forming a sad smile on her face as an agreement.

"I know it's hard to digest, Meera. I'm pretty sure they'll solve their problems and be happy," he tried to assure her.

'Easy to say than do' Meera thought to herself and looked outside the window.

"You remember how I promised to cherish you forever?" He tried to distract the topic and succeeded as his question caught her attention, making her turn towards him.

She hummed as a yes and softly smiled.

"I don't break promises. Never ever. And when it comes to you? Our promise is for life, okay?" His words made Meera laugh out loud making Prem proud of himself.

"You know I was quite the charmer back in my university days," he smirked looking go at Meera making her laugh stop.

"And you think very highly of yourself, don't you?" the sarcasm was obvious in her voice making Prem frown at her remarks.

"You are one kid," she pinched his cheeks making him turn away a hide the smile forming on his lips.

"Sure," he scoffed at her trying to hide his grin but smiled a little while looking down.

"You know in the start, when we got married? I was a little suspicious about you. I was scared that you might be some woman who is crazy," his words made Meera shook as this was something she didn't know.

"You're kidding me," he laughed at her expression making her scoff out at his reaction.

"You thought I was crazy? From which angle, huh? Prem ji, see I know in the start we were awkward but you went ahead and thought-"

"Biwi ji, shaanth. I just thought you were but I know you now. Anyways, that's all in the past right?" She calmed down after listening to his words.

"Bade aaye, mein pagal thodi dikhti hu" She mentally thought and rolled her eyes at him.

"Ab tho mujhe tumhe bohot chahtha hoon. I can't express it all the time but I mean it. I won't be able to tell you everyday how grateful I am for having you in my life but just know that I mean every word that I'm saying right now,"

He brought her hand up to his lips and gently kissed it. He rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb and kept repeating that action.

Meera's heart melted because of his soft side as it was very rare for him to show it.

"You forgave me very soon, biwi." Those words slipped out of his mouth and Meera's breath hitched.

That was a sensitive topic to touch as they were just recovering and it hadn't even been two days.

"You should've let me suffer and make me feel your worth. Though I know your worth, you suffered a little too much because of me and I might not be worth the suffering,"

He looked straight at the road trying to not get sad at that thought.

Meera's eyes saddened at the thought of her husband questioning his worth.

"You know, one of the things that I learned from my mother is that 'you don't measure the time of one's suffering to forgive them but you see how sincere they are' and I followed that. I didn't want to see you suffer but I wanted to see how genuine you were with winning me back," her voice became ever so soft while explaining her point of view to him.

His eyes were still on the road as he let out a relieved sigh because of the huge burden of overthinking that left his shoulders.

"If anything happens again biwi then just slap me back to my senses as I never want to leave your side. Never ever." Though he was hesitant about letting out those emotions, he wanted to let her know what she is to him.

These unknown feelings from Prem were strange to Meera but she liked it as much as she liked the non expressive Prem.

She gently leaned in and kissed Prem's cheek making him show a wide grin.
She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes to take in the calmness of their hearts.

"Your whole heart, soul and body will forever and always be mine, pati."