9

JHARNA POV

"I'm ready." I said to Rahul while looking down at my feet. After doing a lot of thinking, I was finally ready to give my relationship with Rahul a try. "What are you talking about?" He asked me but I didn't have the courage to answer him back so I kept looking down at my feet. "Jharna? I'm talking to you." He again said while nudging my shoulder. "Uhmm..." I was still hesitant to reply as we had always been used to acting like we hate each other in our workplace but confessing that I want to try loving him would make things awkward.

"I want to give our relationship a try" those words finally escaped my mouth. Out of embarrassment, I covered my face with the pillow on our bed and closed my eyes tightly. All I could hear was Rahul's loud laugh. How the fuck can he get the guts to laugh at my situation like that? The audacity of this man?! "STOP LAUGHING!" I said while whining and shaking my head with my face still covered with the pillow. His laugh grew louder and this time I could sense that it was closer to me.

I suddenly felt him removing the pillow from my face, "Rahul, what are you-" "shh...quite. Kitna baath karogi? Mujhe bolneka mauka do." His face was inches away from mine and I could feel his hot breath touching my cheeks ever so softly. I saw his eyes this close for the first time. They always looked emotionless from far but now I can see that they hold so many emotions. Emotions that I have never felt before. I saw his gaze going from my eyes to my lips. I felt something strange in my stomach. Butterflies, it was.

"Rahul" I whispered as I could barely get something out of my mouth. "Trust me, Jharna, I will not let you down. I know I never said this but I've always liked you. A lot. So close to love. And believe me, I know that I have never cared for someone like this nor have I loved someone like this. Thank you for trusting me and giving me a chance. I won't disappoint you, I promise." His words made something open in my heart. It was the hope of feeling loved finally. "Sachi?" I said while extending my pinky finger while he wrapped his pinky around it and said "Muchi." He grinned widely while I chuckled at his silly smile.

"Thank you for giving me a chance" He broke the silence and pulled me in for a hug. "Woah woah woah, what are you doing?" I said as I was shocked because of his sudden action. "What? I'm just hugging my wife." His grip got tighter around me and I laughed because of his actions. "Suno," I looked up at him "Sunao," He replied. "Let's take things slow. No hurry or anything. We'll take them at our own pace. Okay?" I asked him while he simply nodded his head. "Jaise tum kaho. We'll get to know each other better at a slow pace. Heina?" He replied which warmed my heart and I hummed as a response.

"Chalo, we have to go down now. Maa and everyone else might be waiting for us. Aaj sunday heina." I slowly removed his grip around my waist and stood near the door. "Come on" I said while dragging him out of the bed as he didn't want to leave for some reason. "Yaar! Mujhe khana nahi khana. Bohot neendh aa rahi hein." He sulked while I still kept dragging. "You always think about sleeping. Do you have anything else on your mind or no?" I got a little annoyed because of his behaviour. "Haan, of course. It's you." He replied while trying to be slick with that comment. I slapped his shoulder and said "Ha Ha Ha. Now come on. Let's go." He just grinned really hard and intertwined his hand with mine as we went down the stairs.

"Ohoooo. What am I seeing here? My son and daughter-in-law being lovey dovey?" Maa said as soon as we entered the dining area and started teasing us. I laughed at her teasy tone and shook my head. "Need some help, Maa?" I asked her while entering the kitchen.

"Yes, can you call everyone down for lunch?" I nodded my head and did what Maa asked. Leher bhabhi and Abhi bhai came out of their room in their usual mood while only Prem bhai came out of his room.

"Bhai, where's bhabhi?" Rahul asked him while everyone was settling on their respective chairs on the dining table. "Gone." Prem bhai coldly replied. All of our faces were painted with shock. What does he mean by gone?

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

What do you think happened?
Will they be normal?
How was this chapter? It's a little too small but I wanted to give a POV for Rahul and Jharna.