| 09 |

"Dictum factum"

- What is said is done

☾ ☾ ☾ 

"What are you doing?" 

Aeris hissed in pain as the cruel fingers bit into her back, cutting through the silk material of her nightgown as she whirled around in surprise, the lights flickering as her eyes met those of the figure. Immediately, she stumbled backwards, fear thudding through her veins as her fingers glowed a pale silver. 

"You practise this?" Her words were harsh, knives that cut through Aeris's strongholds as the gloves were placed back onto her hands, obscuring the silver that seeped through. "You think this is good?" 

"No" she whispered, not daring to meet her eyes. "no"

"No" The voice laughed, evil and cold, "no" it mimicked her. "A disgrace, thats what it is"  

"Im sorry" Aeris struggled to pick up the broken shards of the mirror, a hand pushing itself down onto the cut pieces as she cried out in pain as blood coated the white floor in the room hidden away from people. "Im sorry"

"You are not" The voice had just laughed, kicking at the shards as another pierced the girls wrists, "You never will be, witch" 

Sunlight. 

It streamed through the tiny windows of the room Aeris was sleeping in, her eyes peacefully closed as her hands clasped each other gently at her stomach. 

"She does not resemble what she has gone through" 

The captain stood by the doorway, his hair a mess from last might as his eyes begged for sleep. The water in his hands glowing in the faint light as his eyes lay captivated to her face, marvelling at her tranquility. Her peace. 

"Would you like her to?" 

He turned towards the youngest of their crew. Jongho's eyes surveyed the girl, picking up the blanket that hung half off the bed and placing it over her shivering body with a sigh. Hongjoong surveyed his movement. He did not answer the question, instead letting his eyes clash with those of the younger and giving a small smile, ruffling his hair and telling him to go call Yeosang. 

"She should be waking up now" 

"How do you know?"

"I-" He stopped himself "I'm assuming" 

Aeris smelt the herbs as they were placed gently on her forehead, her eyes fluttering open in panic as she grabbed the wrist of the person, twisting it as the latter yelped as her eyes adjusted. Mind already into battle position as she took in her surroundings once again, noticing the awkward position of the silver haired boy she let go with a shout of sorry and sitting up straight in the tiny space. 

"I would appreciate you not disabling our doctor upon waking up, silver" 

Aeris did not even turn, her ears registering the voice of the captain as a pair of footsteps sounded at the door. She turned, nodding her head before turning around once again. He had not changed, his attitude still the same as was his cocky grin, ever present on his face as he watched her swing her feet over the floor just as the ship tilted to a side. 

Her feet slipped, stumbling over as Yeosang rushed over towards her, only to be beaten to it by another individual. 

Aeris had yet to develop her sea feet, her mind a whirl as the ship titled and she fell towards the door, stabilised by another body as a pair of hands encased her whole, face missing the individuals by mere inches as he groaned in surprise, back hitting the wall as a shout from San caused them to tilt the right side once again.