19 |

"Omnes una manet nox"

- One night is awaiting us all

☾ ☾ ☾

TW ; mentions of death , attempted suicide.

☾ ☾ ☾

It's a fitting punishment for a monster.

Aeris collapsed to the ground, shaking and shivering as her eyes finally noticed the pale boy lying in front of her. 

Her body shook with exhaustion, mind blank for the past as she squinted in confusion. Her heart beat fast, the stark lines of blood coated her hands, slicing down as one narrowly missed her eyes, the sharp tinge of blood snuck into her nose, a gasp escaping her bloody lips as she scrambled towards the unconscious boy. 

"Hongjoong" it was a whisper, echoing across her throat and falling to deaf ears as she furiously shook the boy, his hands falling limp across her waist as his eyes remained close. 

Would you like to know what happened mistress?

We would love to tell you

"Captain"

She hear voices across the closed door, the familiar voice of Wooyoung echoing as the other followed behind him. She was fearful, she was scared. "Captain," she tried again, a whimper escaping her as his head lolled across her hands. 

She saw the cuts decorating his skin, fresh and bloody as she looked around for something to help staunch the blood.

You did that

"Wake up" no answer, "please wake up"

"Hello?" San "Captain? Aeris?"

Aeris couldn't reply, her eyes caught on the blood that ran around her, dripping down her clothes, winding its way down her fingers as the voices in her head laughed, visions overtaking her as she shivered in the warm closing. 

The fire burnt darkly, orange sparks lighting up the enclosed surroundings, her eyes fixated on the flames, watching the stray sparks slide off the mantelpiece. it was a blur, disappearing into a mess of voices and nothingness. 

Her hands fell limp across Hongjoong's chest, frozen in place like a portrait that hung silently on the walls of a nobleman's house. They would come, they would see, they would kill her.

Kill you

Is that not what you deserve princess?

"Hello?"

Is that not what you wished for?

"Y-yes" she stammered out, rushing to her feet as a wave of dizziness hit her before she could move. 

Her hands grabbed his shirt. The dagger fell loose from her hands as she crashed into the wall.

Pain, she grabbed his dagger. His back was turned, he was struggling to get up. Red. Her vision was red. She cornered him into the desk. She saw his fear, she could taste it. 

"Stop"

She liked it.

"No"

The silver was next to his face now. Her lips were moving, they were speaking. Happiness. She was happy at what she saw. 

The dagger was raised. And then it fell down. 

"No!" Grief tore through her vocal chords just as the door burst open, the crew spilling in with a gleeful grin on their face which slowly slid of into concern and scaredness as they saw the scene.