| 27 |

"Sub rosa"

- Under the rose 

☾ ☾ ☾

"Drop me off at Distral" 

Aeris hurried out the room, hair flying behind her face as the wind blew harshly against her skin- biting at her neck and hands as she pushed open the door to the infirmary, Yeosang in close two behind as she grabbed a bag lying on the floor. 

"Aeris please-"

"No" she cut him off, heart beating fast and urgency toned in her voice as she dumped the clothes she had bought into the makeshift bag. "No, I won't go there."

"Why not?" Yeosang tried, voice breaking at his own words as he realised how hopeless it sounded. Aeris whirled around at his words, disbelief written across her face. 

"Why? Have you not heard what they say about that place? It is uncharted, it is a place of monsters and myths that swallow any who dare to attempt the journey to Aurora. You know that, you have to know that"

"Yes but-"

"But what?" The others had made their way to the door, crowding across the small entry as Hongjoong walked in. The familiar tinkle of his boots reaching her ears and making her groan in annoyance. 

All Aeris had wanted was an escape. 

Now this was becoming more dangerous that what she had left behind. 

"We thought you knew" Jongho spoke softly, "we thought you agreed."

"Why would I agree to a death notice?" Aeris felt her anger rise. "And who was supposed to tell me all of this?"

Eight hands pointed to the two haired boy who stood quietly in the corner, hands grazing across the silver across his neck and towards the floating owl made of water that splashed back into its bowl. 

"Ofcourse" she muttered, rolling her eyes and turning back to her clothes. "Ofcourse he wouldn't. Just dance right into the mists and fogs of monsters and heaven knows what else" she spat.

"Are we not monsters ourselves?" 

Aeris froze. Hongjoong's voice was smooth, the five words embedding themselves in her heart as she exhaled shakily. He spoke with conviction, the familiar feeling to just give in to what he said creeping in, and yet she resisted. This was his power.

"I mean, come on Silver, look at us." He gestured freely. 

Gone was the hidden desperation, now it was raw. She had to come with them, he knew she had to come with them. 

"What defines a monster? Their ability to kill? To plunder? Their appearance? They are abnormal because of what they can do. They are different." His voice is filled with anger, hands clenching into fists, breath coming out heavy.

"Tell me Aeris, how are we different?" 

Disbelief coursed through Aeris, eyes widening at the words that spewed from his mouth. "Do you know what you are talking about?" her words were sour, lips curling in distaste as she gazed scrutinizingly. 

"You- no, we- are different yes, but that never made me want to do anything that you accuse of doing. You say you are a monster, and who am I to disagree? But do not drag me into your mess captain," he flinched.

"I want no part of it"

The wind blew harsher as she made her way out towards the gangplank, not yet lowered but there would not be much time left for it to hit land. Aeris couldn't identify what she was feeling, a weird sensation gripping her heart as the others gave her her space after the confrontation.

She knew it would never have gone well, but it had to be done.  

That was until the ship tilted over. 

☾ ☾ ☾

Authors note

Filler chapter but importanttttt

Also ... HONGJOONG PLAYING THE GUITAR???
SOMEONE HELP ME PLSSSS