| 11 |

"Dun spiro spero"

- While I breathe, I hope

☾ ☾ ☾

That night Aeris changed her clothes. 

It was a plain outfit, hardly one for the fashion walks, yet it was comfortable. Much more than what she had ever worn before. Aeris had gone to San that night, knocked on his door and Wooyoung had opened the door, the blonde was passed out on his hammock. 

Wooyoung had looked at her with a grin and immediately led her to the chest at the end of the room, pulling out clothes one after the other while the latter didn't realise a thing. Finally he picked out a comfortable pair of clothes, deeming them to be able to fit her and sending her to the medic room once again to change. 

The next day she worn a pair of boots that had become to small for Yeosang and fit her just right, and a shirt tucked into her pants and a belt that held it up. The shirt a plain white and the pants pooling loosely at her ankles, to which she cut them to be just right. 

She borrowed a coat from Wooyoung, who had given her a grin as he passed it on and wiggled his eyebrows as she put in on to avoid the winds that blew across to the west and tied her hair in a ponytail. 

Mingi had returned her dagger - with regards from the captain - and it now hung on her belt, along with the necklace that was tied on her neck, disappearing into her clothes. 

Aeris would have cried as she tried on the new style of clothing. Feeling free from the layers she had been imprisoned in and finally having a choice on what she wore. 

The boys had given her space, Wooyoung having whistled as she walked out earning a 'have some respect' from San and a hug from Mingi that made her back crack from the intensity. Yeosang had smiled and handed her another tape for her wound, muttering "it suits you" and continuing with his duties along with Jongho who trailed along, a little awkward but giving her a thumbs up. 

She headed for the weapons area. 

Noticing Yunho already there, throwing daggers at the doorway peppered with grooves from the tip, and a frown on his face as he aimed for the middle. 

"May I join you?" 

She asked, sliding down the stairs as the boy nodded, not removing his attention from his practise and gesturing to the knives scattered on the tiny platform. 

She took in his movement, watching the rise of his arm and the grip by which he held onto the hilt. She saw his eyes as they adjusted to where he was aiming, the light twist of his fingers before he flicked it forward with a dull thud as the knife hit the centre, quivering from the force. 

It had been a long time since she had thrown daggers. She was not new to it, but nor was she good. 

She positioned herself, eyes narrowing as she focused on the target and raising her arm, the dagger tip right below her ear as she aimed. Yunho watched her, eyebrows furrowing as he noticed the wrong posture. 

Quietly he reached for her arm, tilting it a little to her left and adjusting her grip. 

"That should make it easier to aim" 

"Thank-you" she muttered, doing as he said and flicking it forward, it hit the board with a dull thunk, far from where she had aimed. Aeris frowned. "sorry"

"Don't apologise" The brown haired spoke eagerly, positioning himself to show her where she had gone wrong and showing her the movement once again. "Its your first time, you did pretty good for a first time! Just try again, you will get it!" 

☾ ☾ ☾

The nine of them, excluding Hongjoong, had gathered around the fire lit in the middle of the deck. 

Aeris sat amongst them, exhausted from the duties she had helped in around the ship. Blending in with their talks as they made a conscious effort to include her, yet one boy couldn't bring himself to talk around her. 

Jongho was too shy. Aeris had noticed, his only movement being when he reached for the glass of water or when he laughed at the jokes Wooyoung cracked or the antiques of Mingi and Yunho. Seonghwa continued to watch with an amused expression, already used to their antiques as she watched with happiness. 

This was an atmosphere she wasn't used to, the jokes and laughs so different from the stuffy dinners and reunions she had to sit through before. She almost did not want it to end. 

"Come on Jongho, laugh a little. The royals aren't here anymore" Mingi ruffled the boys hair, causing him to squeak as his cheeks burned red. 

"Shut up" he muttered lowly, sipping water once again as Aeris looked at him with a sad expression. She was making him uncomfortable. The mention of the Royal's unsettled her, noticing the way it seemed to make not just the youngest, but Wooyoung unsettled.

Mistress kill them

Why do you bear their company

Blood and sacrifice lead us to royalty

Aeris chugged the wine Mingi had stolen from the captains quarters. The captain himself was busy poring over his maps, Seonghwa had told them. She had a high tolerance for alcohol, having had to drink wine continuously every royal feat and alone when the voices threatened to break free. 

How odd was it to be haunted by something still alive.

Water and wine, she couldn't tell the difference anymore.

"Don't joke about that" Yeosang spoke in a low voice "You know they don't like it"

"Jongho!" She called, earning the youngests attention. She was older than him, yet younger that Wooyoung. "How are you?" Aeris began the conversation as the younger sat next to her, looking at his feet. 

She noticed Wooyoung take a shaky breath as laughed at a joke San cracked. She was going to tell them tonight,  but...

No, not now

"Nothing much" He replied, not meeting her eyes. 

"Do I make you uncomfortable?"

Straight to the point

"Wha- what?" The youngest spluttered "n-no"

"You don't exactly seem the most comfortable right now" she raised an eyebrow as he blushed a dark pink. 

"Its not like that! Mingi's joke just wasn't . . . funny" he defended himself, shaking his head in agreement and hastily looking around to make sure no one else had noticed

Oh 

"I just, I don't know" 

"Oh" she smiled at the boy, "should I start the conversation?"

"Sure?" 

"You don't sound sure"

"I mean, sure!" 

"So, whats your favourite flower?"

☾ ☾ ☾