| 14 |

"Littera scripta mannet"

- The written words endure

☾ ☾ ☾

"Move away, silver"

"Don't" 

San whispered behind her, shaking his head in warning as Aeris bit back a groan. Of Course the captain noticed, a wicked smile edging his face as he titled his head, mouthing a 'what' at her before moving forward as Aeris shuffled with him. 

Her heart beat fast, trying to ignore the tiny space between the two of them as she looked at his eyes, his gaze was electric. It caught her like a fish on a hook, enrapturing her till she saw nothing else in her tunneled vision. 

Why do you get affected, mistress

Let us free you

It was a mistake. 

He just smiled, eyes flickering over her face as they stopped for a second longer near her lips before she felt his hand on her shoulder. He pushed her away without a sound, eyes triumphant as he noticed the two boys hiding behind the terrified girl still breathless as she realised what had happened. 

"Um-"

"Don't" Hongjoong's eyes were not humorous, the glint having come back as he raised his hand at the two boys with a sigh "Get up, my cabin, now"

That was the last time Aeris saw the boys for the next whole day.

☾ ☾ ☾ 

She had gone shopping earlier. 

Mingi and Wooyoung had accompanied her, watching from outside as she entered the ladies store. She was not new to these, as she purposefully made her way to the very back, gliding past the racks of frilly dresses with their elegant necklines and puffed sleeves as lightly as her boots allowed it, earling a disapproving gaze from the other ladies who stood by the counters and the dressing rooms. 

Aeris had never felt self-conscious, it was simply not something she could be. Her clothes would always be of the highest quality, of the latest fashion. But here she was today, dressed in the clothes of a travelling newspapers boy with his rough hands and course boots. 

She ducked her head before grabbing hold of a renaissance themed dress. 

Her eyes catching onto the three colours that ran over it, admiring the black lace-up corset belt that lay on the side, the white bell sleeves smooth as the fabrics she wore in the palace as the red of the frills subtle yet charmingly fell to her feet. 

The dressing room was another two steps away, she disappeared behind the curtains. 

A shaky breath escaped her lips as she remembered the look that had crossed the noblewoman's faces as she had walked by, her eyes closing with shame as she slapped her cheeks lightly to reduce the red that burnt on them. 

Do not let them look down on you

Show them what it is you can do

Let us show

"Do not concern yourself with them" she reminded herself, voice thick with shame as she slipped of her dress shirt, folding it and placing it gently on the powder table. 

This is not what she was supposed to be

Slipping on the familiar feeling of a dress that she had been forgetting, smoothing down the ruffled fabric with shivering hands and straightening her back, gaze catching that of the women in the mirror, silver eyes that bordered on grey stared back at her.