chapter1Shit, is that Tom Riddle? Shit, I'm in the past

“I think I'm going to have a sleep, ‘mione, I'm not feeling too well,” he could tell by the look in her eye that Hermione knew he was fine. However, when you're heading back into a war-ridden world, knowing that nobody believes you, you tend to feel a bit queasy.
So Harry closed his eyes and hoped and wished he could be back in a time when there was no Voldemort trying to kill him. He wasn’t sure there was even a point in his life where that wasn’t happening.

Maybe, for a few months, when he was a baby, Harry might have had that peace.

Fate had other plans when it realised what Harry wanted.

He closed his eyes, hoping for a peaceful, dreamless few hours of sleep.

*(Tom POV)

He had been minding his own business reading in his compartment when, out of nowhere, a boy appeared. Tom was sure that the spells on the compartment would have blocked out anyone wishing to enter, and the boy seemed to be wearing the normal, black, school robes which meant he hadn't been sorted yet. 
It was most peculiar. He hadn’t heard anyone enter the compartment either.

Some may have admitted that he might have made a mistake in his spell casting. But Tom Riddle did not make mistakes, so this nusiance must have somehow done something on purpose to break in here. 

The oddest part of it all? Not only did he not recognize him, but the stranger was asleep!! He was school age, maybe a transfer? But that did not explain how he ended up in Riddle's compartment or why he didn't know him.

So he put his wand to the mystery boy's neck, going for the offensive.

*

Harry awoke to the oh-so-familiar feeling of being held at wand-point. Shit. That was all Harry could think before he opened his eyes to face his captor.

“Who are you?!” his captor- or Tom Riddle as he now knew- demanded

“Wait what the fuck-“  Why was he here, he got rid of the diary- this was impossible!

“Who are you!??” he repeated, more sternly this time.

Harry’s eyes caught a copy of the daily prophet lying on a seat behind Tom. He wasn’t drawn to it, he was just avoiding eye contact with the mini dark lord. The date on the paper stated 1st September 1942. He was in the fucking past. Right as Tom bloody Riddle was going into fifth year.