Chapter 23: Christmas 2 Electric Boogaloo

Cho will NOT be getting a kiss this time, also its getting to angsty Harry time, not one of my personal favourites.

“I JUST REALISED WE GET ANOTHER CHRISTMAS!!!!” Harry exclaimed in excitement to Tom one day before the DA meeting was due to start, they were early so they could help Dobby decorate for Christmas.

“I was waiting for you to notice that, we are also slightly older than we should be,”

“Stop being a spoilsport! I can get you more gifts!”

Tom had collected a small amount of pocket money for himself and was planning of buying Harry the most spectacular gift he could afford. He was going to have to get things for others as well but Harry took priority for gifts.

This was going to be the last meeting before Christmas break and Harry wanted to make it special to show how far the group had come. It was pretty nice to settle into the domestic bliss of decorating the room together, one day they could do this in their own home. Harry had decided that their house would be small and cosy as opposed to the giant mansion Tom had wanted so he could ‘rub it in their pureblood faces’. At Christmas, they would have a big tree that went right up to the ceiling and they would put handmade decorations all over it even though Tom would want to keep it neat and tidy. They would sit by their fire, drink tea or hot chocolate, and then fall asleep in their warm and cosy bed. This is the sort of life Harry had always imagined for himself he just didn’t know that Tom could fit so easily into it.

*

Wrapping up the meeting, many people began to filter out of the room, this included Ron and Hermione, who had taken to letting the pair have their alone time before and after sessions. So Harry jumped a little when he heard the sigh of Cho, she was staring at a photo of Cedric he had pinned to the corkboard at the front of the room.

“He would have loved this,” She said,

“He could’ve bloody taught it, it would be less of a hassle for me,” Harry tried to laugh when he grieved, and reminded himself of all the things that person would’ve loved if they were alive.

“Do you think he knew this stuff? Sometimes I wonder if he might’ve lived if he knew more,”

“Of course he knew stuff! I only lived due to pure Potter luck,”

“Yes, you Potter men are very lucky,” she paused, glancing up at the ceiling, “mistletoe,”. Cho began to step towards him and Harry panicked, luckily, that was also when Tom came back from escorting Luna to her common room and Harry ran over to him, only slightly cowering behind his shoulder.

“You could’ve just said no,” Cho said annoyedly, pushing past them to leave the room. Great, now he’d have to find a way to apologise to her. Tom gave her a jealous look as she left before giving Harry a polite kiss on the forehead. The room adjusted and they slipped back into their old routine of spending time together.

*

When harry arrived back at the common room Ron kept on teasing Harry that ‘he was gone a while’ and that ‘he and Cho were the last people in the room’ both of which ere true, but the way Ron wiggled his eyebrows really changed the meaning. Hermione was giving him sympathetic glances as Harry tried to explain that nothing had happened for the 6th time.

The teasing stopped at dinner when Cho’s friend came up to him and slapped him in the face for hurting Cho’s feelings. He deserved it but it still stung.

He couldn’t put off telling her much longer, nearly all the girls had begun avoiding him, and even Ginny was giving him funny looks. How do they spread the word so quickly?

“Cho, can I speak to you for a moment?”

“Go ahead.”

“I just wanted to say that I didn’t not kiss you because I’m a dick or anything. I’m just… more into dudes,” This was the first person Harry was properly coming out to other than Hermione, and she had just continued as normal, not even really registering it.

“Oh. Oh. ”

“Don’t tell anyone though, I’m not really out yet,”

And that was how the rumour that Harry Potter was secretly dating Ron Weasley. The fact that half of it was so untrue made it significantly easier to laugh about it, especially when it made Tom was so jealous.

* The vision/dream thing

He was slithering along the floor, he’s gotta get to his destination, he’s gotta get to the door. Wait, why did he want to go to the door?

He turned the corner and saw a man lying there, he hissed at the man but he didn’t stir.

The man was alive but sleepy, taking a cheeky nap. Harry had seen the door before, it always seemed to show up in his dreams, but he’s seen a lot of doors and, well, it’s a door why would he bother remembering that? Harry wanted to bite the man, he knew it would be gross and cause much discomfort for both of them but the impulse was there. It sat like a hungry beast in the back f his mind, and it snuck closer.

The man woke up, finally stirred by all the hissing. The man got to his feet and got out his wand, Harry lunged at him. Biting. Biting. Biting. The warm gush of blood distracted Harry from the man’s screams of pain, but then he was quiet. And that Harry noticed. The man fell against the wall. Harry’s head hurt and then he heard shouting.

* End of vision/dream

“Harry!” Ron shouted, desperately shaking him awake. Someone said something about him being really ill and before he understood what he was doing, Harry began to shout:

“Your dad Ron! Your dad!”

“What about my dad?”

“You need to help him I saw him getting attacked by a snake,”

“That was a dream, Harry,”

“I think we should go for help,”

“It wasn’t a dream, Ron.. you need to help him,” Harry was awake properly now, but he also began to feel the weight of his sickness. Dean and Seamus were muttering something and Ron was just an orange blur over his bed.

“You aren’t well, Harry, just rest, Neville’s gone for help,”

“You need to help your dad, Ron, it was a fucking massive snake,” harry paused realising how crazy he must sound “He’s gonna bleed out if we don’t hurry!”

Just then, Professor McGonagall burst in:

“What is it Potter, what are your symptoms?”

“Ron’s dad has been attacked by a snake, I saw it happen!”

“Whatever do you mean?”

“I dunno, but it was huge, and strong, you need to get him some help…”

“You dreamt that Ronald’s father was attacked by a snake?”

“No!” Harry’s voice cracked as he  tried to convey the severity of the situation.”It was real! Someone has to find out where he is and save him…”

“That’s it, Mr Potter, put your dressing gown on, we’re going to see the headmaster!”