Chapter 6: Banter with a Basilisk and a bit more with Tom Argh.

That was Harry's current mood.

He was starting to wonder if he even liked it in the future.

Halloween was fast approaching and Harry was unsure how he was supposed to deal with the fact he was from another time, was crushing on his parents future killer and Tom had opened the chamber of secrets again. Well, technically it was the first time he had opened it, but the basilisk was still driving him mad.

§I'm going to eat you, little boy, oh no he's gone all still, don't like dead food got to go home§

The Basilisk was a lot better versed in this time, which isn't a good thing when you're a parseltongue and trying to study.

Harry decided to follow the sound of the basilisk talking. It wouldn't hurt to have a chat with it about keeping the noise down. He managed to catch the snake as it re-entered the chamber,

§Excuse me, but would you mind keeping the noise down, I can hear you in the library when I'm trying to study§

§You speak? You are the one master tells me I am not to eat, he tells me lots of things about you§

Tom told the basilisk not to eat him! That's so sweet. Harry knew he was blushing but he did still need confirmation that the basilisk would keep quiet whilst he studied.

§I am happy to know that Tom talks about me but I just need you to tell me if you can keep quiet whilst I study§

§Sorry I have been disturbing you, I will stay quiet when I get my snacks from now on§

§Please make sure Tom doesn't find out I am a speaker, he doesn't know yet§

§Of course friend of master§

*

Having solved some of the basilisk problem, Harry turned his attention back to solving the being stuck in the past problem. He wasn't sure if he considered it a problem anymore, considering he was crushing hard on Tom.

Some days he'd think about leaving, but the longer he stayed the more he loved it there.

*

When Halloween actually came, Harry was unprepared for how it felt knowing that it was the day his parents had died but they hadn't even lived yet and nobody would understand if he told them he was mourning.

They had the day off so Harry spent it moping in his bed, willing himself not to cry.

Normally on Halloween, he had a friend there to comfort him. When he was here he had nobody, just a stupid crush on Tom, the man who was going to do it all.

That thought was enough to bring him to tears, at least he was the only one in the dorm.

* (Tom POV)

When he entered the dorm room to find Harry crying he was alarmed and concerned.

It was Halloween, why was the normally joyful boy so upset?

"Are you alright Harry?" Tom asked walking over to the bed and sitting at the end of it. He was immediately enveloped in a hug from Harry, who was still crying.

His face became a shade of red as he tried to comfort Harry or find out what was wrong.

"I miss them," Harry choked "I miss them all but I want to stay," Tom didn't understand what Harry meant but he tried his best, shushing and holding Harry close.

* (Harry POV)

When he stopped crying, Harry was filled with a large sense of embarrassment. It was stupid. His parents hadn't even been born yet and he was crying into Tom's chest over them.

Wait. He had cried. Into Tom's chest. He was still being held in Tom's arms.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to I-" Harry had looked up at Tom's face, his very pretty face.

"You don't have to apologise for being upset,"

They looked into each other's eyes. Tom's were a beautiful deep brown that made Harry feel warm inside.

Tom leaned in, wrapping his arms tighter around Harry. Their lips met in the middle and Harry didn't think he'd ever felt happier than when Tom kissed him for the first time.the