Chapter 19: Besties + Atrocities

Tom had never been a fan of quidditch, however, he would never turn down the opportunity to watch Harry train. He just looked so good in that uniform. You can't have a Slytherin watching training without suspicion though, so he was now being interrogated by a rather feisty Angelina-something.

"Are you here to spy then?" Ignored "Want to know all of our moves?"

"If you must know, Harry invited me to watch him, hi Harry," he smiled and nodded in Harry's direction.

"This true?"

"Yeah, he's not a quidditch fan anyway, just likes watching me," Harry knew that would sound suspicious if he were any guy, yet many people tend to watch you when you're famous, so it was not unusual.

"Fine, fair enough, but tell us who you're inviting next time so we don't insult another one of your fans,"

"Oh, I'm his biggest fan," Tom smirked, which had Harry blushing.

The team soon started training and Tom got out a book. You can't admire how pretty someone is when they're just a blur in the sky.

*

Halfway through training, Luna came out of nowhere and sat next to him. She didn't say anything for five minutes, choosing instead to read over his shoulder.

"That's an interesting book, you've already read it, of course, you will read it at least three or more times," the book was just a more obscure book that was similar to ' Hogwarts, a History ' but it was extremely detailed and had photos and drawings of Hogwarts in its earlier years. More importantly,

"You're a seer then,"

"You had your suspicions,"

"How much do you know,"

"Not enough to see everything that will ever happen to you," she swung her legs around in a carefree way, kicking them into the air and then back against the seat "I see small things about everyone, my father has never understood because he never bothered to read any more about seers than 'they make prophecies',"

"You don't make prophecies?"

"I just see. When I look at you I know these things will happen to you, I also have a basic understanding of feelings and legilimency,"

"Did you come here for any reason in particular,"

"Harry wanted me to double-check you for nargles," She reached in her bag and pulled out a pair of glasses with colourful lenses and an odd shape.

"Nargles? Do you mind explaining,"

"There's an article all about them in the late edition of the Quibbler," she handed him a magazine that he vowed to read later.

"Also you need to check on him after his detention tonight, he will be secretive otherwise," Tom nodded and returned to his book. He didn't turn the pages though, he was worried.

* Harry POV

Angelina worked them just as hard as Oliver would've. It was an admirable skill considering Oliver was practically married to quidditch.

He was now on his way to his first detention with Umbridge. Tom insisted on seeing him afterwards, something to do with Luna, they were friends now and it seemed like there couldn't be a better pair.

When he walked into Umbridge's office he was met with a wave of pink, then he noticed the cat plates on the wall. Harry couldn't figure out whether she was more like a stereotypical old lady or a stereotypical little girl.

"Take a seat, Mr Potter," she gestured to the seat on the opposite side of her desk. "You will be writing lines for me today,"

"I'm sorry professor but I haven't brought a quill,"

"You will be using my special quill," the so-called 'special' quill was a blood quill.

"Blood quills are illegal professor,"

"You will be using this quill, I find it helps the message sink in,"

"Okay…" Tom is gonna flip

"You will write 'I mustn't tell lies or interrupt', understood?"

"Yes, professor,"

Blood ran down his hand as he wrote, maybe he could come up with a spell to reverse the effect on her. Maybe there's an easier option, there normally is a simple way out with stuff like this.

* Tom POV

Harry’s detention was taking a long time. Too long. If he waited much longer then he’d get in trouble for being out after curfew. Thankfully, just as he had this thought, Harry stepped out of the classroom with Umbridge standing hauntingly beside him.

“Ah good, I’ve been waiting for you Harry, I was beginning to get worried,”

“Can you walk me back to the common room? I need to give you that book I borrowed,”

“Of course,” Tom made sure to smile at Umbridge who seemed confused. He made sure to do his best ‘fuck you’ eyes before walking off with Harry.

Tom noticed that Harry seemed to be hiding his left hand, and whenever he moved it there was a cringe of searing pain on his face.

“Let me see,”

“Wha- How did you-,” he sighed “Fine…”

Harry was bleeding. Bleeding. Why was his darling Harry bleeding? There were cuts in the shapes of words. The pieces fell into place. Blood Quill.

“HOW DARE SHE!”

“Tom, love, please it's not that bad,”

“You’re bleeding Harry, you’re bleeding,”

“We can’t do anything yet, people will get suspicious if she just suddenly disappears,”

“I know but- §You're mine, my Harr y.§

“Yes, now help me put a bandage on this,”

They walked hand in hand up to the portrait hole where Harry gave him a quick kiss goodbye before heading in. It was all very cute and sweet even if Tom was planning all the atrocities he was about to commit because Umbridge hurt his Harry. There wasn't actually a book to be returned, they each had their own copies of any books they'd read.