Chapter 4: The little brother

(Desteny Star) Author's note: Hero or superhero is how Ryan calls the Big daddies instead of Mr.B or Mister bubbles.

Earlier in the morning, Rapture, Upper atrium:

"Bang, Bang" there was a loud banging. Ryan's eyes shot open, all he wanted to do was to shout at whoever was making that sound to quiet down that he was trying to sleep. But he had to oblige. Getting off of his laying position in his small hole he sat down as best as he could. Scratched his head, pushed some blond locks away from his eyes, he thought as he has for the last months, trying to remember, remember something he had forgotten. 

"My name is Ryan...I am a little brother...the only little brother... the only male child that has survived the procedure... have to harvest Adam" he thought but even though Ryan did he still can't remember what he had forgotten.

"Bang, Bang" he heard, then a loud moan, "Fine I am coming!" shouted Ryan as he grabbed his harvester and began to crawl out of his hole. His harvester is made specially for him, it was built out of a hose nozzle, a giant needle and a jar instead of a baby bottle like the little sisters have.

 Getting out of the hole he was greeted by a Big daddy Rosie. "I know, I know, you don't have to bang so loud" said Ryan as he crossed his arms, the big daddy rosie moaned only softer, "Come on Hero don't get all sentimental on me" said Ryan, the Rosie pointed and moaned, "Ya lets hurry up before all the good Adam is gone" said Ryan as he began to walk away, the Rosie followed him close behind, "Keep up with me Hero" called Ryan.

1:45, Upper atrium, Rapture:

Ryan looked around as he went through the halls of Rapture. There was more to him than just being the only little brother, since he is a boy Dr. Yi Suchong didn't have to mentally condition him much like he did to the little sisters, Ryan sees Rapture as it truly is, has some free will and not much has changed of his personality. "The Adam is fresh," Ryan told the Big daddy as he sat down on the ground.

Before Ryan could even start harvesting Adam his head hit something or someone. "HEY" he heard, looking up he found himself staring at another pair of glowing yellow eyes, those of a little sister. She is dressed in white, her dress is cleaner than all of the little sisters dresses he has seen, in fact it's spotless, her raven coloured hair is tied in braided pigtails, "I was here first" she complained, "No you weren't I was" said Ryan refusing to give up the Adam he found.

 "Liar, liar pants on fire, I was here first, right daddy" said the little sister as she looked at her daddy. Her big daddy is like nothing Ryan has seen but painfully familiar, he wasn't a Rosie or a bouncer, he had a drill, a rivet gun, his suit was different. He softly hummed like a bear as he looked, "NU UH! I was here first." argued Ryan, soon they were both engage in an argument, Ryan pushed the little sister down, she didn't cry, she got up and slapped him as hard as she could, soon they were both screaming and hitting each other, their big daddies roared as they grabbed them before either of them got seriously hurt.

Looking they saw nobody was going to win the argument and Ryan said "Fine will split the Adam fifty fifty", the little sister thought for a second and said "Fine".

The big daddies let go, Ryan and the little sister harvested their share of Adam without complaining. Ryan looked at the little sister, there was something familiar about her, tugging at the back of his brain, "Hey I know we argued but hows about we start over? my name is Ryan" said Ryan getting up, "I'm Eleanor" said the little sister as she got up too. "Eleanor, that's a cool name.. so we're friends?" said Ryan as he extended his hand, "Friends" said Eleanor as she took it. Eleanor's Big daddy made a huffing noise, she looked at him and said "Got to go, see you around some time?", "Sure, see you later" answered Ryan as he looked at her, she gave him a little wave and merrily skipped away.

 Ryan smiled, there was something special about Eleanor, like a glow or something, his big daddy moaned, interrupting Ryan's thought bubble, "Ya let's continue to look for Adam" Ryan said as he began to walk in a different direction, keeping an eye out for Adam filled corpses.

Meanwhile: "What have you done? have you gone mad man?!" shrieked Daniel in terror seeing what had happened to his only son. Andrew smiled and said "On the contrary my friend, I have done the impossible, created the first ever little brother, wasn't easy, had to try a dozen times to get it right". Daniel couldn't believe what he was hearing, 

male children, probably hundreds of them were killed trying to make one monstrosity possible "YOUR MAD" shouted Daniel in horror, "I am not mad, I am a man of science, you off all people should know that to make something possible you have to make some sacrifices" said Andrew calmly as ever, "Andrew your talking about murder, killing innocent lives" said Daniel, "For pete sakes you're the scientist you should know there are no scientific restrictions in rapture" said Andrew, "Being a scientist didn't make me a bloody murderer" snapped Daniel he began to storm away.

stopped walking after a few steps "I think you the one who should know better, everything we do, everything we make has an equal or opposite reaction...." Daniel took a pause and said "I hope you count your days Andrew cause someday ooh someday you will pay, you will pay dearly for everything you have done, for everything you destroyed" with that Daniel stormed away. Andrew looked not worried, why would he?, he is only one person, what could one person do?

To be continued...