Chapter 7: Happenings

Rapture Central Control, 7:00 am:

Andrew was busy, as usual. Rapture's central control was his most private office, it's an unreachable fortress, one someone could only enter if Andrew wanted you to. Today Andrew was checking all of the Adam gatherer files. Though one number seems to disturb him a bit. Reaching over to his desk he pressed a button and said "Dr. Yi Suchong, please report to my office immediately." Andrew waited for two good hours before a man appeared in his office. He had a sort of comic look, being half bald, small and skinny which made his scientist coat, shirt , pants and shoes look way too big on him. "Dr. Yi Suchong here, how may I help you?" he said with his Chinese accent.

Dr. Suchong may have asked why he was there, but he was no fool, he knew why he was there. Holding up a few papers Andrew got up and said "I am not happy with these numbers Dr. Suchong. I feel that our little success can do better than this." Dr. Suchong sighed. It was about the Little Brother again "Boy stubborn, can't do nothing about it." he said, "Do I look like I care? We're running a tight business here Dr. Suchong, I suggest you do your part as I do mine." said Andrew sternly.

 "Well, I guess Suchong can run a few test on the boy. Find out what is his problem." said Dr. Suchong. "Just do it, I do not have time to deal with such... childish problems." Andrew said, the Doctor nodded and he left. Sitting down back on the desk Andrew pressed a button and said "Little Brother Ryan. Report to Point Prometheus immediately."

Point Prometheus, time:2:00 pm:

Point Prometheus. Ryan had been there only once and that was for his Little Brother training. In that training he had to harvest a few corpses, stay close to his Big Daddy all the time and enter hidey-holes when he needed to. Pretty simple stuff for him. The Sisters' he was training alongside however... he heard the term 'air-headed' being mentioned more than once by various adults. After about a month of training he was released onto the streets to start harvesting. "Long time since we came here, huh hero?" He told his Big Daddy, a Bouncer, the Bouncer just moaned in response. Entering the building Ryan was greeted by Dr. Suchong, who waited for him in the Little wonder's Educational Facility. 

"Ryan, Long time no see" He greeted. "Hello Dr. Suchong." greeted Ryan coldly. "What happened to Papa Suchong?" asked Dr. Suchong with a smirk. "I'm not stupid, nor delusional, Dr. Suchong. You may have fooled all of the Little Sisters, but not me, I can see you're a father to nobody, you hate children." Ryan said, his tone still icy. Suchong laughed and said "Smart little boy, now why don't you come with me and we will get you ready for some testing" Looking at the Big Daddy Ryan said "You can go now. I'll handle the rest from here." the Big Daddy roared before leaving.

Ryan followed Dr. Suchong who took him to a cell, opening the huge door Ryan saw that he wasn't alone, inside were four other little sisters. Two gingers, a blond, and one with brown hair. "Now, you will stay here until I finish setting up a few tests for you," said Dr. Suchong. "Okay?" Ryan said, confused as to what was going on. He didn't care one way or the other wether the room was filled with girls, the company was nice though. Entering the room Dr. Suchong closed the door behind him. The little sisters were scattered through the room playing with their toys or drawing on the walls. Ryan walked over and sat down on the only bed in the small room, relaxing after the walk here.

"Hey you're new, what's your name?" the Sister nearest him asked, looking up Ryan saw it was he brunette Sister. Her dress was blue, and her hair was long and wavy with a blue bow on top. "Ryan. Who are you?" He asked. "My name is Masha. You're a weird looking Mr. Bubbles." she said, a hint of confusion in her tone."Mr. Bubbles? I'm not Mister Bubbles." Ryan said, also confused. "You smell like one. Although you're not wearing your fancy suit and you're small." she said, 'Fancy suit? Oh, right, they see the world differently, I forgot about that.' He mused before his mind caught up with the end of her statement. "H-hey! You calling me short? I'm taller than you." He pouted and crossed his arms, he hated being little. "Sorry." Masha said.

They both sat in silence for a few minutes before she spoke again "How long do you think we will be here?" she asked. "I don't know. Suchong just said he was running some tests." "What kind of test?" "I don't know, why are you asking so many questions?" "I haven't seen a brother before." she admitted. "Well duh, as far as I know I'm the only one who didn't di- get turned into an angel. If there are any Little Brothers than i'm still the only one allowed out to harvest dea- angels." He hated having to censor himself but he'd seen when Little Sisters stopped seeing the world the way they do and it wasn't pretty. Dealing with sobbing girls hugging the air out of him wasn't his idea of a good day...

Ryan showed her his harvester, she marveled at it for a few seconds. "You're very smart, we should talk again some other time." Masha said before she went back to playing with her toys "Alright." Ryan said as he got comfortable on the bed he was in, looking up at the glass ceiling he saw the scientists observing everything that was happening. "Freaks." He muttered as his eyelids slowly closed.

Point Prometheus, time:8:00 am:

Ryan was awakened by the sound of metal moving. Opening his eyes he got up and saw that there were lots of candy bars and other snacks laying on the floor, he guessed the scientists placed the treats there when they were sleeping. Getting up he yawned and stretched. Once done he walked over and grabbed a candy bar and some chips.

 A few minutes after he was done eating, the Little Sisters began to wake up, one by one they got up and picked out what they wanted and started eating. An hour passed before the doors finally opened. "Ryan, time for your first test." a nondescript scientist told him. The Little Sisters starred as Ryan got up and left the cell, "bye Ryan" he heard Masha.

Outside the scientist led Ryan to another room across the hall. There he opened a door, inside was a room, it had a machine on it, Ryan entered it. Once he did he heard the door close behind him, carefully he walked over to the machine. This machine was fairly basic, it had two video screens, one showing the silhouette of a woman, and the other showing the silhouette of a Big Daddy. Looking up he saw some scientist watching him. What was he supposed to do? He had never worked on this machine. "Ryan, there are two buttons, one-" "I know what to do, I'm not stupid" he snapped at the scientist.

 He looked over the machine, which to pick? And what was the purpose of the machine? After a minute or so Ryan went to press the button under the screen which showed the silhouette of the woman. Something in the back of his mind told him not to, but Ryan wanted to press it anyway, just to see what would happen. As soon as he pressed the button an electrical shock hit Ryan. A sharp yelp forced it way passed his gritted teeth. Growling in anger he threw his fist forward and hit the screen with all of his might, breaking it. Taking deep breaths Ryan calmed down, he looked up where the scientists were watching. One of them shook his head and wrote something on a notepad.

After that they got him out, on the way to the room they heard a scream. The scientist ran across the hall to another room, Ryan followed to see what was going on. Inside there was a doctor who was having a hard time with a Little Sister. "NO, I DON'T WANT TO GO ON THE TABLE!" She screamed as the doctor dragged her to a table, apparently having a hard time too, she was giving him a handful. His breathing sped up as he heard the Sister continue to scream. The sound echoed in his mind, causing him to break out in a cold sweat. An animalistic growl started in the back of his throat as a red haze enveloped his vision.

 Gripping his harvester tightly he reacted before he knew what he was doing and launched himself at the scientist dragging the Little Sister. His harvester easily sliding into the man's flesh. Impacting the ground hard Ryan stabbed the man a few more times before the red hue slid away. Standing protectively in front of the Sister he made sure she was alright before glaring venomously at the remaining scientists in the room.

They quickly bolted for the door behind them, not wanting to face the Little Brother's wrath. All of the scientists, even though they had their mouth and eyes covered Ryan knew they all shared the same shocked look. Suchong had seen it all. This behaviour was new yet familiar to him. Taking a pad he wrote something on it.

To Be Continued...