Chapter 16: Revenge and Payback

Andrew Ryan Industries, 1:00 am

Reaching the entrance of the huge building Ryan looked at Darren and said, "Stay here. I don't want you getting hypnotized." Darren didn't want to leave the Little Brother on his own but he had to trust Ryan. Following Ryan to the nearest hidey-hole Darren helped him in, "If I am not back in twenty minutes just... stand there." He finished lamely before crawling into the tunnel. If what Sander Cohen said was true, he could catch that man, Jack, in Andrew's office.

"Great... I can't believe I am going to save the man that's trying to murder me." Ryan muttered. he

had to do it. If he didn't then the Little Sisters and their Daddies would remain in danger. He didn't care for Andrew Ryan, but he wasn't a Sister killer. Which was the bright side Ryan forced himself to look on as he continued crawling. Suddenly the lights went off and there was a loud explosion. 'what was that?' Ryan thought, panicked. Hurrying up Ryan ended up hitting his head more times than he cared to admit in the dark. What was this man trying to do?

Rapture's Central Control, 2:00 pm

The hidey-holes here were ones Ryan knew all too well. He had used them more than once to reach Andrew Ryan's office. Mostly for pranks, like the time he put a tack on his chair and Andrew sat on it. He never knew a man could sound that much like a girl... Or another time when he smeared gum on the bottom of Andrew's desk and when he touched it the gum came stuck to his hand. People couldn't help but look disgusted at Andrew every time he went to shake their hands after that one. Oh, and who could forget the time Ryan took Andrew's important charts and made some... modifications. When Andrew went to present them he saw they had insulting doodles on them like pie charts for 'How much Andrew stinks', 'How bald Andrew will be in the future', and 'How smart Andrew actually is'. It was hilarious!

Ryan snickered at the memories as he reached his destination. Crawling out of the hidey-hole he gasped quietly when he saw what was written on the wall in front of him. "Would you kindly?" It read. Was this what his dreams were trying to tell him? Ryan walked over to Andrew's office. It was kinda dark. Looking harder Ryan didn't know what to think as he saw something, he was sad that he got there too late to stop Jack. Laying on the ground, a bloody mess, was Andrew Ryan.

Being an 'Angel' was far too good for the likes of him. Ryan ranted mentally. All of a sudden he moved. He was alive? Weakly, Andrew turned his bloody face to Ryan. He moved his head limply, Ryan guessed he wanted to tell him something. Walking over, Ryan knelt over to listen to what he had to say.

"A man chooses... a slave obeys... despise what you are... you are not a slave... like you were meant to be... the city ...is ...stolen ...by someone ...by ...Ja-" Andrew's breath left him not able to finish the sentence.

"The city is stolen by who? Who is Ja? Is it Jack?" Ryan asked, mostly to himself. Not that he was going to get an answer from a dead corpse. There went his only lead. Getting up Ryan decided to go to tell Darren the news, and hopefully get another lead in the near future. As soon as he stood up he heard an evil cackling laugh. "Well well well, if it isn't Little Brother Ryan. How are you?" He taunted through the PA system.

"Fontaine..." Ryan said simply as he looked up at the speaker hung on the wall.

"You've grown up quite a bit." Fontaine said. Ryan growled angrily in response. "I guess Diane was right about you. When you looked into my eyes. I don't know how, but you managed to see the kind of man I was." Ryan's anger left him. How did he know? "Don't be too surprised. I recognized the look of fear you had on your face." Fontaine continued. "You're a fake. I bet it's not the first time you've pretended to be somebody else either" Ryan accused.