Chapter 18: Rapture family

Fontaine Futuristics, Rapture:

Ryan recently woke up in the Fontaine Futuristics building. Among other things, he finally found another, sane, living being. An adult female called Sofia Lamb. Ryan was now inside a Vita-chamber being scanned. "Interesting." Muttered the Security-bot as it floated in place In front of a monitor displaying the results of the scan. "Interesting? What's interesting?" asked Ryan.

"What are you?" asked the bot, ignoring Ryan's question. "A brother...a Little Brother." He answered back, a little embarrassed. "You're not so little anymore." It jokes. Ryan already knew that, but what was the point of all these scans? There was a pause, then the bot opened the pod, letting Ryan out. Soon another bot came flying into view before stopping right next to the first.

"Follow this Security Bot, it will take you to a room where you can rest, give a shout if you need anything" the first bot said before it flew away. Ryan watched it leave before following the security bot. As they walked Ryan examined the mini helicopter he was following. This model was a bit older then the first and it didn't have any communication features. This was clearly a combat model, due to the small gun and box of ammo that made up most of the body of it. His musings were cut off as they stopped.

The bot gestured to the door a few feet away with it's gun several times and then flew away, making a low beeping sound, as all combat models do.

Entering the room he first noticed it was clean, which was always nice. The room was overall at least four times the size of the room in the back of his hidey-hole. The bed was enormous, it alone wouldn't have fit in his old room. Queen, maybe king size, he assumed.

He wanted nothing more than to run up to the bed, throw himself on it and sleep for eternity but when you live in rapture you develop some pretty strict habits to keep yourself alive. Turning around he locked the door, getting a chair from the nearby desk and propping it against the door he made sure it was securely closed before turning around. It wouldn't keep any determined Splicers out but it would give him fair warning to get a weapon or escape.

'Speaking of which...' Ryan mused to himself, closely examining the room his trained mind told him that the only exit besides the door was a small ventilation shaft, about the size of his head, and the only weapons in the room were the letter opener on the desk, the coat rack right next to him, and the lamp on the nightstand by the bed. It wasn't much but he could take out an average Splicer with those if needed.

"I can work with this." muttered Ryan as he walked over and sat on the bed. Thinking for a second he got back up and grabbed the letter opener before walking back and laying it on the nightstand. Normally he would be a bit more strung out about sleeping anywhere but the total safety of his Hidey Hole but Ryan was too tired to care at this point. It took a bit of getting used to, as the pillows were practically air compared to his usual bedding's, but he was sound asleep within five minutes.

Persephone, Rapture:

Sofia was smiling, her new army of Big Sisters was ready.

"You did an excellent job on the Big Sister suit." Sofia complimented the creator of the suits as she inspected them. "Anything for you." said Daniel as he stood next to her, letting a small amount of pride slip through his controlled mask before he continued. "I'll do my part as long as you do yours." "Of course I will." She replied, actually sounding offended. "You'll give me my son?" Daniel reminded, in a dead serious tone. She turned to look him in the eye, "I will." "Exactly the way he was, not a Little Brother." He clarified, his tone still grave. She nodded, "I am a woman of my word." Daniel nodded and walked away to tend to his other projects. Passing a Security Bot on his way out.