Chapter 20: Past discoveries

Farmer's market, Rapture:

"So as I was saying, I think it would be really cool if there were more angels and the whole world was like Rapture, wouldn't that be neat?" a little sister blabbered her way through the market. The Little sister on his back was named Vanessa, and she was driving Ryan insane. Out of all the Little Sister's sofia could choose for Ryan to take with him, Sofia ordered him to watch this one... fucking wonderful. That slug may have cured all of her health problems but it sure didn't cure her talking problem.

Vanessa was probably around eight, maybe nine. She had a red dress with a black polka-dot pattern on it, and her brown hair is tied in a ponytail with a red bow. Come to think of it, he had noticed that all the Little Sisters were brunettes, except Cindy, whom was a blond. After what seemed like hours Vanessa quieted down. 'Finally, thank God, she finally shut up.' thought Ryan with a sigh of relief.

"AN ANGEL!" She shrieked right next to his head, which caused him to ram his cheek against the opposite side of his helmet and cringe, attempting to get away from the foul noise. Recovering, Ryan said calmly, despite the fact he was furious. "Can you be any louder?" The little Sister didn't listen, she was more interested in finding the Adam filled corpse.

"Sir Bubbles! Don't be a slowpoke! The angel isn't going to wait!" She continued to shout, Ryan was pretty sure she was going to jump out of the sphere cage and run to the nearby body, only to most likely run back screaming with an insane Splicer chasing her five seconds later. "Calm down, the angel isn't going anywhere. It's a dead body, not like it could get up and walk away." Ryan muttered the last sentence to himself, chuckling at his dry humour. Even saying that Vanessa didn't calm down however.

"There! There's the Angel!" she said, actually crawled out of the cage and latching onto his helmet, obscuring his sight while she pointed like crazy. Which was pointless because he couldn't see. sighing yet again Ryan carefully took Vanessa off his head and set her down, she ran to the corpse and began to harvest the Adam almost before she even hit the ground.

Ryan watched her harvest while she sang a little rhyme to herself

~Nature blessed you well the day you were born~

~Sunshine touched your hair~

~The moonlight kissed your cheek~

~The brown earth in one eye~

~And blue sea in the other~

~Nature blesses you when you were born~

~But oh how blessed we were the day you were born~

She repeated that rhyme over and over as she worked.

That song seemed familiar to Ryan. Where had he heard it before, and who had sang it?

As Ryan thought harder about it he began to feel strange, the Little Sister's words seemed to be getting more and more distant and yet they grew louder, blanketing every other sound. His sight began to blur and the next thing he heard was the *clank* of his own armour impacting the ground. Images passed through his mind, an apartment, a door, flooded rooms. He could see everything. The sign on the front of the building he saw was the Mercury suites, which were now half flooded, the apartment room was 103, inside was a safe, the code to open it was 1, 5, 0, 5.