Chapter 10: Stealing?

Arcadia, 2:00 pm:

Ryan walked around humming "Beyond The Sea." He doesn't know why, really. The song was just so catchy... better than "Rise Rapture Rise." anyway... He shivered in disgust, he hated that song, it always gave him a headache.. Looking behind him he saw his Big Daddy Rosie following him. Seeing him made Ryan miss Big Daddy Darren, he wondered which Little Sister he was taking care of today?

"Hey Ryan." a voice chirped. A voice Ryan knew anywhere. "Hey Rosie. What are you doing?" He asked with a smile at the Little Sister that was sticking herself outside of a nearby hidey-hole. She had her red hair, loose, no bow, her dress was a plaid red and black pattern. Scottish, he thought. Her face was covered in freckles.

 Rosie smiled showing her dimples "hey, Rapture to Ryan..." Rosie teased Ryan "Huh-Wha..." Ryan stumbled. "You Looked like a sleepy angel" Rosie said cutely "Oh... sorry". Sighing, Ryan felt the memory of losing that Little Sister force it's way into his head again. He had been to late... again! He hated being small! Maybe if he was a little bigger, faster, strong- "where are you going?" "Oh, um... just going from place to place" Ryan replied. "I'll join you" Roise said "what? Why?" Ryan quizzed, "so you're not lonely" she stated with a warm smile on her face. "Bu... well..." Ryan stuttered, he always had a heart of jello when it came to the sisters "alright... you can come" he sighed.

He absolutely loved it here in the Arcadia glens, and sharing a walk through it with a friend was nice. The fresh air, the trees, the smell of flowers, who wouldn't love that? He had been thinking about moving to a hidey-hole in Arcadia, but he liked his place in the Upper Atrium too much to give it up. He didn't have to pay to hear good music or see plays. There was also this great hidey-hole tunnel that he used to sneak into the movies.

 "Anything happened recently?" Ryan asked Rosie "yeah, Ariana's birthday was three days ago and Cassie got her a new bracelet" Rosie explained. "Cool! Oh if you see Ariana could you tell her that I'm sorry I didn't make it" "ok I will" Rosie replied, the two gatherers made their way to the rolling hills with Ryan's 'hero' close behind them.

Walking with Rosie made him think back to when they first met, he'd only had to watch a movie with a group of Sisters that day. Ryan had been sat down next to a plaid wearing redheaded little sister . "hey what are you?" the lumberjack dress wearing sister asked, "I'm a little brother" Ryan replied, With a click the training video started. Not even one minute and a half into the video chaos was all that it could be described. Clearly the five little sisters in the middle of the room did not know the meaning of the words 'Settle Down'. Maybe that's why he had common sense? Since he couldn't hear over the scientists yelling "Susana, Eliana, and Lucia sit down and watch the video!", or even see the training video through the cluster of playing sisters he had to figure it out himself. Fifteen minutes later it was over.

 they were all brought into a cell, he soon found the redhead he had been sat next to, she was talking to who he presumed to be Eliana, and her friends that were causing trouble during the movie. Ryan walked over "hi again what's your name?" all the sisters in the group looked at him, "oh, hi again mr. little brother" the redhead replied "my name's Rosie, like my hair", so Rosie is her name he thought, "what's your name?" Rosie asked, "My name is Ryan like Andrew Ryan, only its not my last name and Andrew is not my name." Ryan replied, " "wana draw with us Ryan?" "Sure" Ryan said as he sat down next to Rosie and the other sisters as another conversation started.

He shook his head to clear that thought and sat down to harvest a corpse Rosie was already harvesting, a Spider Splicer, it seemed. He could tell because Spider Splicers and Houdini's had more Adam in their bodies than regular Thuggish or Leadhead Splicers. Once he was done he opened the jar of his harvester and drank the Adam. He had been defiant in his conviction to never drink Adam at first. The scientists had tried everything... and he meant everything. Including the old, "If you don't drink the Adam the Splicers are going to get you." It didn't work. Finally, to get them to shut up, Ryan tried it. It Didn't taste bad really, it was actually pretty good, though the flavours varied pretty heavily. Depending on all sorts of factors, what kind of Splicer it was, What he or she had last eaten, even how they died.