Chapter 28: the end

After helping Mark and Daniel up Ryan walked over and opened the bathysphere. Tenenbuam, Gracey, Stanley Poole, and the rest of the little girls were all inside the massive bathysphere. Before any of them could ask, Ryan cut them off with a quick, "No time." and lead the group he was with inside. Just before Ryan himself could enter the metal door slammed shut. Locking him out.

"What the-" *Boom!* There was a huge explosion, and suddenly anything that was flammable was on fire. Splicers began to pour in by the dozens.

Glancing back at the group of people in the bathysphere Ryan had a choice. He could run, save himself and let the Splicers kill the group as he made his escape. Or he could fight, giving them enough time to get out. The Splicer's numbered well over a hundred by now and he didn't know if he could fight that many. He would almost certainly die.

Save himself and live... or save the others and perish.

Running towards the Bathysphere Ryan jumped on it, pushing it towards the hole, it fell in and the Bathysphere sank underwater. Turning toward the splicer Ryan was ready to fight them when all of a sudden there was a loud shriek-like roar.

The splicers stopped, looked around scared, taking one last look at Ryan they left in a hurry. Ryan had heard that roar before, but only in his own echoed voice. Was there someone or something that could do that too? Up ahead he saw the flames fan away in a strange manner, a figure walked in. Ryan couldn't believe what he was seeing.

The figure wore armour, it looked more handmade than the set Ryan had on. His harvester was attacked on the right arm. The helmet is not round like his, it looked more like the one Subject Delta had on, only with a round opening. 'I don't believe it. There's another Big Brother like me?' Ryan thought, shocked. For years he had been in Rapture. And he'd never seen another Big or Little Brother.

Ryan's analysis was cut off as the figure roared again. It was then that Ryan saw the red helmet light. "Hoo boy." Ryan mumbled, knowing he had to fight this one. The other Big Brother charged at him, Ryan dodged and tried to stab him with his harvester, but the Brother dodged and bounced a few feet away from Ryan.

All of a sudden the air grew hazy around him, before the air itself shot forward, pushing and hitting Ryan against the wall. What was this? It wasn't telekinesis plasmid. It was much stronger. Plus it couldn't do what the Brother was doing. Not with that amount of finesse anyway.

The growing flames reached a few barrels filled with gasoline at that moment and exploded. Sending the two Brothers flying. Hitting the ground Ryan took the opportunity and tackled the other Brother, punching him over and over. Managing to get Ryan off of him the Brother and Ryan backed away to give themselves some space. Looking at one another they charged at the same time and both threw a right hook. Their helmets went flying off.

Recovering Ryan was ready to go at it again but when he looked up at his opponent he froze. He had to do a double take. He swore he was seeing his own reflection... The only thing that gave away the Brother was his homemade armour and his eye's they were green, not brown and blue like his own. They were the same. Face, hair, all the same. That couldn't be possible... Ryan thought. He couldn't be related to him, he was an only child. And to top it all off he only had a mother and father who lived here. No aunts, uncles, or cousins. The Brother could be a clone...