Chapter 19: The people's daughter and her general

Persephone, Rapture:

The security bot took him over to Persephone. Ryan, even with the suit on, was nervous. He would have never even set foot within this place otherwise. He didn't have the guts to enter it any other time, no little ones did, he was no exception. The bot zapped the door, somehow unlocking it. Inside there was a woman waiting for him. She was blond, wearing a clean blue dress and stylish glasses.

Looking at her Ryan had to hold back a grimace as something in the back of his mind told, no, demanded he slaughter the woman in front of him. Shaking his head he sat in the chair across from her and did his best to ignore the thought. It was so unlike him, he may be a fighter. In fact due to his slim fit build he usually stood his ground at the first sign of a fight, but he only fought when he had to, running when there were three or more splicers bugging him. Was the power of wearing the personal equivalent of a tank changing him already? Or did he know this woman?

She smiled at him and greeted him, "Ryan...it's an honour to meet you." "How do you know me?" He responded cautiously, secrecy was the name of the game as far as he was concerned when it came to everyday life. "Everybody in the Rapture family knows you, especially the little ones,they're dying to see you." The woman told him. 'Kind of an odd way to phrase a sentence.' he thought. "Little ones?" echoed Ryan. "Come." She said simply, escorting Ryan over to her office.

"I have a question, are you..."

"Yes I am Sofia Lamb." Sofia answered as she sat down in a chair, she motioned for Ryan to sit in the chair across from her as soon as she was comfortable. "By little ones what do you mean?" Ryan asked, taking a seat. Before Sofia could answer a little girl entered, she was wearing a blue dress with a blue bow in her long brunette hair. Ryan noticed she looked a little like a girl from a book he had read once,aside from the glowing yellow eyes and grey skin, that is.

In other words Ryan knew this little girl was a little sister.

"Momma, Big Sister is cranky." she told the older blond. "Oh no." Sofia muttered then added, "Ryan why don't you go and check on my daughter. She is... not behaving properly, please talk to her." "Isn't that your job?" questioned Ryan, he didn't want to sound rude, but he really couldn't think of a nicer way to phrase the question. "True, but she doesn't listen to me. Maybe all she needs is a friend?" Sofia explained, asking the last question more to herself than Ryan.

He sighed and made his decision, "Okay, I'll try." "Good, Alice will take you to my daughter's room." Sofia explained. "Before I go, what is your daughter's name?" He asked as he made his way out of the room.

"...Eleanor, her name is Eleanor Lamb." The doctor said with some hesitation.

'Eleanor... could it really be-No! No it couldn't be her. She died a long time ago Ryan, forget about her.' Ryan's thoughts were a whirlwind of confusion as he walked out of Lamb's office. "Come on Big Brother, Eleanor's waiting." Alice pleaded as she took Ryan's hand and began to pull him down the hall, in the direction he assumed led to Eleanor's room.

"Shhh..Big Sister is cranky." The Little Sister whispered when they got to what most would call a fancy prison cell. "I know." He answered as he opened the cell and entered it. The room was the largest he had seen yet, there was a bed in the middle, a hidey-hole on the left wall, a few teddy bears scattered around and a few curtain drapes over the barred windows.