Chapter 8

Monday came very fast but the memory of yesterday still lingers on my mind. Since then, palagi na nag u-update si Jacob sa akin, at first I find It weird pero kalaunan ay nakasanayan ko na rin.

The hum of the classroom chatter dwindles as Professor Anderson steps to the front of the room, a smile playing on his lips. My heart races, wondering what he's about to say.

"Good morning, everyone. I hope you're all having a productive semester. Today, I have some exciting news to share."

My curiosity deepens, and I exchange intrigued glances with my classmates. What could this be about?

"Our institution has been offered the chance to participate in the Inter-collegiate Clash Festival, a platform that highlights talent, intelligence, and cultural representation"

"Aside from the sports we also need someone to represent our school for the Miss Intercollegiate Festival. We already had a meeting with the dean and..."

Our professor looked at me before he continue the topic.

"You all know that Miss Asia Sullivan won the Miss Hampton University last year and according to the tradition of our school, the title holder of the said pageant will be the one to represent our school in the Miss Intercollegiate Clash Festival. On that note, your classmate Miss Asia Sullivan will be our representative, understood Miss Sullivan?"

Gasps fill the room, and I blink in astonishment. Me? The pageant? My mind whirls as I process the professor's words.

Galing sa pagkabigla ay naghiyawan ang mga kaklase ko habang pumapalakpak naman si Cheska sa tabi ko. I actually anticipated this to happen co'z I know our school's tradition when it comes to this so since ako naman talaga ang title holder last year as Ms. Hampton, it is my mere duty to represent our school in the festival.

Amid the applause, my heart pounds against my chest. This is so unexpected, and a mix of emotions sweeps over me. I stand, my cheeks flushed, feeling both humbled and grateful.

"Thank you all so much. This is truly an honor, and I promise to do my utmost to make our University  proud." Nakangiti kong sabi sa lahat.

The cheers and applause are overwhelming, and I feel the weight of this new responsibility. As I take my seat again, I exchange glances with my friend, who gives me an encouraging nod.

"Girl! Goodluck you can do it Asia!"

"That's our Miss Hampton hell yeah"

"Bring home the bacon Asia!"

Kantiyaw ng mga kaklase ko.

Nakakatuwa talaga mga kaklase ko and ofcourse our School because they allowed a transwoman like me to join Miss Hampton last year and even won the title tapos ngayon I will represent our University to the ICF pa.

"You need to start preparing Asia co'z ICF will be held next month" excited na sabi ni Cheska.

Ngayon lang nag-sink in sa isipan ko na next month na pala ang ICF so I really need to prepare na talaga. I'm in a good shape naman though kaya siguro magpapa toned down lang ako a para firm tingnan pag nag swimsuit na.

Good thing I had undergone a sex reassignment surgery last year as my parent's gift nung birthday ko. Actually we kept it as a secret lang sa family namin wala pa ko pinagsasabihan kahit si Cheska na best friend ko alam lang niya nagbakasyon ako sa thailand and nagpalagay ng breast implants.

After madiscuss ng aming Professor ang takbo ng event ay kanya kanyang kwentuhan na ang aking mga kaklase at mababakas sa kanilang mga mukha ang excitement sa nalalapit na festival dahil once a year lang na magsasama sama ang mga sikat na university para sa ganitong event.