Chapter 12

The day has arrived—the culmination of weeks of preparation, anticipation, and transformation. As I stood before the mirror, my heart echoed with a symphony of emotions. Today was the day I would step onto the stage, a canvas upon which my journey would unfold. The reflection that stared back at me was a testament to the strength that had brought me here.

I'm at the backstage to prepare because the pageant will start anytime soon. I looked around and saw everyone busy with their make up artist, stylists and assistant.

Amongst the different noises at the backstage, I found myself seated in front of a vanity mirror, surrounded by an array of makeup products and brushes. I'm with my make up artist, her assistant and my mom's chosen stylist.

Cheska was also here with Jacob earlier to gave their support but they were asked to leave the backstage because it was quite crowded. Sinabi ko nalang na pumwesto na sila sa labas dahil baka mahirapan sila makadaan sa crowd mamaya.

The makeup artist had transformed my features with meticulous care, accentuating the canvas of my face for the spotlight. My eyes were adorned with a blend of earthy hues—golds and bronzes that caught the light like glistening memories. The eyeshadow seemed to dance as I blinked, each shade telling a different chapter of my transformation.

A precise line of eyeliner traced my upper lash line, its elegance defining my gaze with a touch of sophistication. With every blink, I could feel a new layer of confidence being unveiled. The mascara had coaxed my lashes into graceful arcs, adding depth to the stories held within my eyes.

On my lips, a shade of rosy pink had been applied—soft yet commanding, mirroring the strength that had carried me through my journey. The lipstick was a subtle declaration of the courage that had grown from adversity, a symbol of the bloom that emerged from the struggles I had faced.

As the makeup artist added the final touches, a delicate dusting of highlighter and a touch of blush, I caught my own reflection. The woman staring back at me was a blend of the girl I used to be and the woman I had become—a living embodiment of resilience, strength, and growth.

With my makeup complete, I turned my attention to my hair—a sweeping updo that showcased the elegant curve of my neck. The intricate twists and pins held a touch of artistry, a dance of textures that mirrored the complexity of my journey. As the final pins were secured, I felt a sense of readiness settle within me.

I looked at the other candidates and I saw determination on their faces. There's twenty candidates yet only one will be crowned as the winner. I remember all the preparations that I did the past few weeks, all the sweat from the gym and the time practicing. Kailangan kong gawin ang best ko, I need to win this.

The stage manager's voice crackled through the speakers, signaling our cue. Stepping into the spotlight, I was enveloped by the music's embrace—a pulsating beat that seemed to synchronize with the pounding of my heart. The stage transformed into a canvas for our collective energy, a place where we could share our individual stories.

Ring na rinig ang sigawan sa buong field. They set up a big stage and designated seats for the audience. The production team prepared so much I can tell. Different banners are being waved at the audience, noise from different cheers, beat of the drums plus the production music are now roaring in unison.

As the music swelled, I let the rhythm guide my
movements. With each step, I danced with a grace that had been honed through weeks of practice. The choreography was a fusion of elegance and vitality, a language that allowed me to express the emotions that words couldn't convey.

My gaze lifted, and as I moved, I made eye contact with the judges. Their attentive eyes bore into mine, their expressions a mix of scrutiny and intrigue. In that fleeting exchange, I made a fierce expression as I flashed a sweet smile from the judges.