Chapter 14

Kinabukasan ay maaga akong pumunta sa University for the finals of the basketball game. My presence is needed there because I will be the face of the festival since I won its title.

I just wore pastel blue colored lapel collar ruched draped split hem dress paired with an ankle strap nude heels. I just sported a high ponytail that elongated my neck more and highlights the contours of my face.

As I arrived at the University, the school campus hummed with an energy that was uniquely stimulating. The opening of the sports category was a moment that brought together students from all corners of the campus, passion and determination was clearly evident on the faces of every athletes. They also worked hard for this moment, pawis at oras ang ginugol ng mga ito sa bawat trainings na kanilang ginagawa and I salute them for that. I walked through the bustling grounds, feeling a sense of excitement in the air.

I noticed the colorful banners and flags fluttered in the breeze, each one representing a different team, a different sport. The campus had transformed into a colorful battleground that will showcase each individual's strength, passion and unique skills on their respective sports.

As I made my way towards the basketball court, the sound of sneakers squeaking against the polished floor echoed in the distance. The basketball team was getting ready for the finals, each player focusing on the game ahead. Among them was Jacob, his dedication to the sport evident in every movement.

"Hey bitch! Let's watch the finals!" Sinalubong agad ni Cheska nang makarating kao sa lôm ng gymnasium.

Many asked for pictures and I let them, natatawa pa nga ko sa hitsura na Cheska dahil halatang inip na inip na ito kakahintay matapos sa mga nagpapa picture.

Jacob spotted me and grinned, his eyes lighting up with a mixture of determination and happiness. It was a scene I had seen many times, but today, with the opening of the sports category, it felt even more special.

I raised my eyebrows at him at tiningnan gamit ang nanghahamon na tingin. He chuckled as he understand what I meant by my stare. I was challenging him to win the game and he mouthed 'I will'.

The opening ceremony began, marked by speeches that celebrated the values of teamwork, perseverance, and healthy competition. The cheers from the crowd were a testament to the unity that thrived within the school's diverse student body.

Pumwesto na ang ibang mga studyante sa bleachers, ganon din ang ginawa ng mga players na hindi kasama sa first five ng laro. I was shocked when I noticed that they were up against Luxor Academy. Namataan ko pa ang nakangisi na si Logan habang mariin na nakatitig sakin.

Hindi ko siya pinansin at mas tinuon na lamang ang lansin sa panonood sa amin team na nagw-warm up na.

As I found a spot in one the bleacher together with Cheska, the school's anthem played over the loudspeakers, a powerful reminder of the unity that bound us all.

The referee's whistle echoed as a sign that the game is already starting. The ball was in play, bouncing from one end to the other, the players' movements swift and strategic. The rhythm of the game was established, each possession an opportunity to showcase skill, teamwork, and the drive to win.

Jacob, a force to be reckoned with on the court, moved with agility and precision. His dribbling was a dance, his passes calculated and swift. The crowd erupted into cheers with each successful play, the excitement building with every point scored.

Nakikisali kami ni Cheska sa sigaw at hiyawaan sa tuning makakapuntos ang aning school.

"Go Jakey!" Sign ni Cheska habang tumatalon pa.

Amidst the cheers, I noticed a shift in Jacob's demeanor as Logan, the captain of the opposing team, came into view. Logan was known for his competitive spirit, his determination matched only by his reputation for bending the rules. As their paths crossed on the court, tension crackled in the air—a silent rivalry that extended beyond the game.