Chapter 10

One week had passed since the announcement of the pageant, I was excused for my class because today is the start of the rehearsals for Miss ICF.

It's still 9:30 in the morning and I was asked to go to the gymnasium for the rehearsals so I get my things and went directly to the gym.

The gymnasium was alive with a whirlwind of excitement and competition. Standing among participants from various schools, I felt a surge of both nerves and anticipation. The energy in the room was electric, a mix of camaraderie and the underlying desire to shine on this grand stage.

All of us are wearing our school uniforms, twenty beautiful ladies are standing beside me with posture, confidence and grace.

I'm wearing a Bragais 6 inches heels in cream color, it elongated my legs more and defined my pageant posture beautifully. Pageantry is not new to me, I was trained since I was a child that's why I'm very familiar with different posture, walks and poses.

The gymnasium hummed with purpose as participants from various schools gathered near the makeshift stage. Our coach, a poised and experienced figure, stood before us, ready to guide us through the intricate details of each portion of the upcoming pageant. Kilala siya sa buong siyudad bilang isa sa magagaling na choreographer, I suddenly felt a mixture of nervousness and excitement.

"As we move forward, remember that every step, every gesture is a chance to showcase your individuality," the coach began, her words carrying both encouragement and direction.

"Now, let's walk through the different segments and where you should be positioned." Hawak ang mikropono ay isa isa niya kaming tinawag sa formation na dapat naming puntahan.

Absorbing each instruction, I envisioned the stage as a canvas for the performance we were crafting together. The coach's words painted a picture of precision and grace, transforming our practices into a seamless showcase for the pageant.

The coach started calling the names of the schools one by one to showcase our walk. Once their school were called, candidates from different schools started showing their catwalk as they went to the x mark where the coach instructed us. I can already tell that some of them are new to this and some are probably a veteran.

"Miss Luxor University" the coach called our rival school.

Ayuri already told me that Sophia—their school's representative is not new to pageantry and it shows. Her walk was solid and very classy. Mahusay siya, mababanayad mong hindi nga siya baguhan pagdating sa larangan na to. Marahil ay marami na rin siyang sinalihang contest.

I heard some of the contestants whisper how good she was; they even clap their hands when Sophia started walking.

"Miss Hampton University"

My heart quickened, a mix of nerves and excitement swirling within me. This was my moment to showcase a side of myself that I had rarely revealed—a sultry, confident walk that I had been practicing in secret.

As the music began to play, a slow and seductive melody, I took a deep breath and allowed my body to move. Every step was deliberate, each sway of my hips a calculated display of allure. I focused on maintaining an air of confidence, letting the music guide my movements, the rhythm a heartbeat that echoed my own.

I glanced around discreetly, noticing the reactions of the other candidates. Whispers ceased as all eyes were drawn to me. The atmosphere seemed to shift, a palpable energy enveloping the room. I could feel their gaze, a mixture of surprise and admiration that fueled my determination to own this performance.

This is actually not my final walk, ofcouse di ko ipapakita agad sa kanila kung ano ang gagawin ko sa mismong pageant. I just showed them what I'm capable of so they will treat me as threat for the coveted crown.