Chapter 11

It's been four days since the intensive rehearsals that had left a trail of excitement and anticipation in my system. With the pageant day on the horizon, my days were a whirlwind of preparation and eager anticipation. The journey from the rehearsal hall to this moment had been swift, yet transformative.

Today was different—it held the promise of something beyond the realm of rehearsals. My heart raced with a blend of excitement and nervousness as I got ready for the day ahead. The mirror reflected a woman who had come a long way, not just in terms of the pageant but also in her personal journey.

With my outfit carefully chosen and my nerves in check, I made my way downstairs, where the fragrance of breakfast lingered in the air. The aroma carried with it a sense of comfort—a reminder that amidst the whirlwind of change, some things remained constant.

"Morning, sweetheart" my mom greeted me with a warm smile as I entered the dining area.

"Morning, Mom," I replied, returning the smile. Her presence was a soothing balm, a reminder that love and support were constants in my life.

My dad greeted me as well as I hugged both of them and made my way on my seat.

As I settled into breakfast, my mind wandered to the day's plans. Today was the day I would visit the designers my mom had contacted. It was a crucial step in the pageant journey, one that would ensure I looked my best on the big night. And, as an added bonus, Jacob would be joining me.

I actually don't want him to come dahil alam kong mab- bored lang siya kakahintay habang sinusukatan ako and at the same time I have a plan na mag salon today and manicure as a part of my preparation.

Just as I finished my meal, the doorbell rang and my heart skipped a beat. Jacob was here to pick me up, just as he had promised. With a quick glance in the mirror to ensure everything was in place, I grabbed my bag, bid my goodbye to my parents and headed to the door.

I carefully chose my outfit for today. I'm wearing a knee-length, forest green dress adorned with subtle, delicate floral embroidery. The dress embraced my figure with grace, accentuating my curves while exuding an air of elegance. I paired it with nude pumps that added a touch of sophistication to the ensemble. A delicate gold necklace adorned my neck, adding a subtle glimmer to the look. My hair cascaded in loose waves around my shoulders, framing my face. The makeup I wore was tastefully done, enhancing my natural features without overshadowing them.

As I made my way outside our house I saw Jacob leaning against his car with a grin that melted away any lingering nervousness. He was the calm amidst the storm, a reassuring presence that grounded me in the midst of excitement.

"Hey, gorgeous" he greeted as he checked me out.

"Hey, done checking me out?" I laughed as I saw his reaction na parang bata na nahuli sa akto.

"You're just in time." I added still teasing him.

He opened the car door for me, a gesture that never failed to make my heart flutter. As we drove, conversation flowed effortlessly between us—talk of the pageant, our dreams, and the adventures that awaited beyond its stage.

We arrived at the designer's studio, a place that buzzed with creativity and anticipation. The designers welcomed us warmly, their enthusiasm contagious. As we discussed the vision for my pageant gown, I felt a surge of excitement. This was a pivotal moment, a chance to bring my vision to life.

"You're beautiful just like your mom hija, boyfriend mo?" the designer complimented me habang iginigiya si Jacob sa isa sa mga couch upang doon maupo habang naghihintay.

"Uhm hindi po" I honestly answered na siyang nagpakunot ng kilay ni Jacob ngunit agaran ding napalitan ng smirk.

"Hindi pa" He playfully said habang prenteng nakahilig sa couch kung san siya nakaupo ngayon, ang mga kamay ay nasa magkabilang dulo na animo'y hari sa kanyang trono.