Chapter 18

It's been a month since the ball and a month since Cora had seen Dimitri last, she thought maybe he had finally gotten satisfied with torturing her, or he was just too busy to bother with her.

Little did she know, that he'd been watching her from his home office, everyday his cousin went down there, he was watching with keen interest.

Why did Ivan like Cara?
Even knowing what she'd done in the past, how much hurt and chaos she'd caused him in the past.

No one really knew the real reason why Dimitri had taken her, not even Vissarion, but Ivan knew.
Ivan knew why his cousin had taken Cara hostage in their basement and why Dimitri hated her very existence.

She'd taken something away from him, someone to be precise.
Dimitri hated thinking about it, because it brought him pain and anguish to no end.

But Ivan was still adamant and sure that the person they had in the basement was in fact, not Cara, she just looked like her, exactly like her.

He had come to like her, in fact he had started developing feelings for her, feelings he knew Dimitri would never approve of but he couldn't stop himself.

Everyday he saw her it warmed something inside him, his heart always skipped a beat whenever she smiled at him and it hurt him greatly whenever she was sad or crying.

He had never really felt this way about anyone until her, and it started the first time he'd set his eyes on her in the basement, the way she looked at him and when she spoke, her voice set off a chain reaction that would somehow make him feel this way.

He was sitting across from her and watching her laugh warmed his heart, He had tried to get Dimitri to let her out of the basement but it proved futile, Dimitri was adamant that she was too dangerous to be let out and plus she wasn't a guest but a prisoner.

Although he couldn't get her out of the basement, he was able to let her off the chains and hand cuffs, looking at her with her beautiful laugh and beautiful face, he just wanted nothing but to pull her close to him and ravish her plum and sexy lips, but he couldn't.

She didn't even know he liked her like that, and he didn't want to scare her by doing anything sudden.

There was a way Ivan kept staring at her anytime they were together, it made her heart beat wildly and her cheeks heat up, it made her nervous but in a good way.

With Dimitri she was always scared to her bones, even though she found him attractive, he still scared the crap out of her.

But with Ivan she could do anything and he'd still be very calm around her, he was the only one that hasn't really made her cry since being here.

Although her mind drifted to Dimitri in the past month, why hadn't he come down to see her?
Not that she wanted him to but in a way she hadn't seen his face in a month and she just wanted to.

She knew if he came down here, it'll be to torture her but still she wanted to see those green eyes she had come to dread, the ones that always stare at her with so much anger and emptiness.

Not like Ivan's eyes, his we're Hazel and beautiful, they always shone whenever he laughed or smile.
With his dimple and perfect teeth
She'd never seen Dimitri smile or laugh, she wonder what he'd look like tho, would he have a dimple like Ivan, will those dull sage green eyes finally lit up brightly if he smiled?

What was she doing?
She's sitting with Ivan and thinking about her kidnapper like that, comparing sweet and calm Ivan to reckless, heartless and inconsiderate Dimitri.
They were nothing alike