Chapter 20

Four years ago

The evening sun was setting, it wouldn't take long before the whole place became dark, the bird and crickets were making their usual sounds at that time of the day.

He was looking down at her with so much love and admiration, her auburn short hair was sitting atop her shoulder as she smiled up at him innocently.

"Uh are you guys gonna stop now, we won't make it back in time before nightfall" Ivan's annoying voice cut them off their little bubble they were in, Dimitri just glared at him, while she giggle looking over her shoulder.

"Stop being so jealous Ivan" Dimitri mocked his cousin while he stuck a tongue out at both of them.
She just laughed and looked back at Dimitri with her beautiful Amber eyes.

"He's right you know" she whispered and he just hummed tucking her hair away

"I wish I could come with you baby" he muttered looking at her, she understood why he couldn't come with them, he had an important meeting to go over and would only have the opportunity tonight.

"I know Maxim, we'll be back soon" she reassured him before standing on her tipy toes and pressing her lips to his, he enjoyed the moment and didn't want to let her go, he pressed her firmly against him as his hands rested on her waist.

He loved her greatly and would do anything for her, even make her his Donna.
He had proposed a few months back and she agreed to marry him, their wedding was to hold in three months, he couldn't wait for that day to finally come.

He didn't want to be parted from her even for a second but he needed to attend to this business very quickly

They finally let go of each other

"I love you" he whispered and she smiled

"I love you too" she told him before walking away from him and towards the car with Ivan.

"You're not going forever, geez you're just going to the mall for like 15 minutes tops" Ivan muttered and She just laughed, he also had a small smile on his face as the both got to the car and opened it.

"Take care of her Ivan" Dimitri yelled out to his cousin and he just mocked a salut before entering the car and shutting it.

Dimitri really wasn't okay with the fact that she insisted on going alone with Ivan without any guards with her, he was not settled at all but he'd do anything for her and if she didn't want anyone going with them, then so be it

With a smile on his face, he turned around and headed inside to prepare for the meeting, the people he was to meet would be here in minutes.

"So where to first"? Ivan asked as soon as they both drove out of the house, she made a thinking gesture before looking at him

"We'll go to the mall first, then maybe get some food, he'd probably be hungry when we get back" she said and Ivan just smiled, he loved what they have.

"Do you think he has eaten today" she asked, he hadn't been home much and she didn't think he'd eaten anything tangible all day

The kind of love they have, he knew how much Veronica loved his cousin and vise versa, he hoped he'd find something like that someday

"Vera relax okay, Dimitri is a big boy, he'll be fine" he reassured her.
He liked her for his cousin, right from the moment they met, he knew she was the light to Dimitri's darkness.

He couldn't wait to finally be able to call her his sister.
She brought out the best in Dimitri.

She relaxed back on the car not entirely okay, she was missing him badly, she didn't want to go out this evening but she had to go get some things at the mall and he was busy so he couldn't go with them