Chapter 25

Their car drove into the familiar mansion.
The one she'd been in before the whole kidnapping.
Nothing had really changed, it still looked the same.

Their car came to a halt and she looked out the window
"We're here" Enzo's voice boomed, she sighed out.
She hadn't really said anything to him since they left Dimitri's place, and they'd been on the road for hours.

She quickly got out of the car and there in the middle of the huge compound stood her sister, Cara was looking thinner than usual and disorganized.

The moment her eyes set on Cora, she gasped and ran with all her strength, before flinging herself in the arms of her sister
She'd missed her greatly

Tears were already streaming down her face
"Oh God you're back, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that" she whispered amidst tears.

Cora didn't really know how to react to this, she just stood with her hands on her side as her sister cried silently on her shoulders.

She's finally home, she should be happy but she felt awkward and uncomfortable.
Cara stepped back a bit and looked at her sister very well, a lot had changed about her.

Her eyes no longer looked innocent or even a tad bit lively, she looked dead.
She didn't really know how much humiliation and punishment Dimitri had subjected her sister to but she knew it was something Cora couldn't take

"Come let's go inside" she whispered tugging at her sister's arm before pulling her inside with her.
They both stepped into the house and a few men there bowed their heads in respect for their Donna.

She just returned it and pulled her sister with her upstairs, she took her to her former room, the place still looked the same, save for the door that had been fixed.

Cora looked around and her eyes landed back on her sister, she walked towards Cora and took both her hands in hers with a huge smile and a few tears on her face

"I've missed you so much, I'm sorry about what you had to go through because of me" she whispered her voice trembling.

Cora didn't want all this now, she just needed some peace and quiet, she gave her sister a weak smile.

"Can I be alone for a while... Please" she whispered.

She saw the surprise on her sister's face and then the realization, before she nodded

"I'll be outside, if you need anything just call, I'll cook you something to eat" she said before walking out

She was disappointed and sad, she knew her sister had gone through a lot but hearing her request for space after almost 6 months apart, she knew Dimitri had really done a number on her.

Cora collapsed on the bed with a heavy sigh, tears streamed down the side of her eyes.
This wasn't how she imagined she'd feel like if she finally got her freedom from Dimitri.

She wasn't at all happy, she felt trapped.
She felt uneasy.
Her mind kept drifting to Ivan and then to Dimitri.
The gunshot she heard while running must have been him shooting someone or someone shooting him.

She quickly shook her head and wiped her face, why was she thinking about him.
She was finally free of him.
She got up and went into the bathroom to have a warm bath.

___________________________________________

He was running late to going back home, he kept glancing at his watch.
He didn't know he would take this long in getting it.
He wanted to go back home to Cora.
He had already started missing her, even though these past days haven't really been like they used to, he still had deep feelings for her that he couldn't deny.