Chapter 39

Cora

I don't know why I suddenly woke up snappy this morning, everything was just annoying and frustrating the hell out of me.

I had to avoid any form of conversation with Cara or Enzo, I only went down the basement to drop off food for Ivan.

And getting the call from Dimitri only hightened my irritation level the more.

And now hearing him complaining that I was on my period and cranky only reminded me of the impounding problem I had.

The fact that he still didn't know that I was pregnant for him was something that was bothering me, Cara hadn't said anything yet, neither did Enzo.

I stopped in front of the door with Dimitri still following right behind me, he stepped right in front of me and opened the door before I walked inside.

I was really trying hard not to cry right now, I suddenly felt sad, angry, mad and disappointed.

What did I even think coming here in the first place, this was someone that kidnapped, tortured and raped me in his home, and here I was stupidly working with him, behind my sister's back.

"Is something wrong"? His baritone voice cut through my thoughts as he stood in front of me, his eyes were following my every move.

I looked up at him, not saying anything because I didn't even trust myself to say anything, I didn't want to flip or say something provoking and I also didn't want to break down here.

I still didn't know how he'd feel knowing I was pregnant for him.
I don't expect him to be thrilled but regardless, I'd still keep the child.

"I'm fine" I whispered composing myself, I had to be strong, if not for anything but for Ivan's sake.
"What's the plan"? I asked trying to shift his attention from my mood, he still didn't look convinced but he still talked anyway, ushering me to the only couch in the room while he sat loosely on the table in the middle of the room.

"Breaking into the mansion" he spoke in a monotone, I just moved my eyes up to look at him

"You know that's not going to be a walk in the park right? Enzo has a lot of security guarding the mansion, especially since Ivan has been there" I told him and he just looked indifferent.

"That's why you're here, you know the mansion more than anyone, you'll help me get in" he muttered matter of fact and I almost rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't exactly know every where in the mansion" I mutter out

"But you know where Ivan is and where the guards are situated at" he asked making me nod and he breathe out "then that's all I need"

"So what do you need me to do"? I ask sitting properly, he looks at me for a long minute "the earlier we get this over with, the better, I don't like the fact that I sneak out of my home to meet you" I mutter out

I see him look at me strangely before he breathes out "I'm going to be needing the plans to the mansion, every house has it, and I'm sure Enzo's will be in his office" he explains "it's like a blueprint of some sort, you'll know it when you see it" he tells me.

This is gonna be harder than I thought

"What do you need it for? And what if it's not in Enzo's office or maybe the mansion doesn't even have one"? I ask making him shake his head

"It has it, trust me. And I'm pretty sure Enzo wouldn't joke with something like that so it's definitely in his office" he muttered before getting up "and I need it to map out my plan, I can't work without knowing what the inside of the mansion looks like" he says before walking towards the kitchen but I stop him.