Chapter 34

Dimitri

I didn't think it'll take me this long to get my cousin out of Enzo's house but i was wrong
I underestimated the man.

I was sitting in the dimly lit room and the only sound that could be heard was that of the AC whiring and the click sound of the flicker of my lighter.

There was no way I'd go in guns blazing into Enzo's house, that'll be suicide.
I'm not in my country or territory.

I may be feared by many but I didn't get that title by being reckless, i had to thread carefully if I wanted to get Ivan out in one piece.

I know Enzo is only trying to bait me, Ivan was only being used as bait to catch me, and going there guns blazing would be handing myself to Enzo on a platter of Gold

I'm not that stupid, i had to think and do it fast.
I have been here for almost a week now and there was no progress in getting my cousin back.

There was a knock on my door and I looked towards the door before muttering a 'come in'

The door opened and Viss walked in, he looked to be having a lot on his mind, I do too.

"Boss" he muttered and I just looked at him with a bored expression, he sighed out as if dreading to speak.

"We've been here almost a week and we still haven't found Ivan" he said catching my attention "don't you think we should head back home and restrategize and come back"? He asked.

I flick the lighter one more time before standing up, Viss stood about two inches shorter than me

"I know where he is" I muttered and I see his eyes widened a bit before he speaks.

"Then why shouldn't just go get him"? He asked making me chuckle, sometimes he acts as if he's not my underboss

"We can't, because he's in Enzo's mansion, going there without any plan will be suicide, even for me" I tell him.

"I know you're worried about the family, which is why you're gonna head home with Sash first thing tomorrow, I'll stay back and look for a way to get Ivan back and make Enzo pay" I tell him.

I know his worries are about the mafia back home, without a don or an underboss, it's bound to be in ruins already.

Someone needs to be there to handle it, so I'm sending Viss and Sasha back while I'll stay in Italy and handle Enzo.

Viss just nodded before walking out of the room leaving me to my thoughts again.
Letting my mind wander far, i stumbled upon the the thoughts of her

I'd  been trying to evade it but i can't anymore.
Like always all i could think of was her face, those innocent eyes and those pouty lips

I quickly shook my head, what am i doing?
I needed to set my head straight, my mission here was simple, get Ivan out and show Enzo who's boss.

And i know just how to do it.
I was going to use her.
Of course she might not agree to it, but i would still try anyway.

If she felt grateful for all Ivan ever did for her while she was with them, then this was the time to show it.

__________________________________

Lurking in the shadows, I was watching her from afar.
She had gone into the store and was taking too long than he expected.

I had been watching her right from the moment she left Enzo's mansion, i was risking a lot following her but I had to do it

If I knew her as well as i thought then definitely, she had a soft spot for Ivan and wouldn't hesitate to want to help him, also she was a very soft hearted person.