No Longer A Secret

The Great Hall is quiet today. It's the Christmas holidays and most students have taken the train home for the week. I'm sitting at the Slytherin table alone, poking at my food. I would be lying if I said that the fact my parents don't want me around for the holidays doesn't hurt a little. The only thing that's been making me feel better lately is Mattheo.

Me and Mattheo Riddle have been together for three years now, although nobody knows it. When we first started dating in year 3 we decided it was best not to tell the rest of the school. Neither of us are extremely affectionate people, and dates and romance aren't really our thing. I'm about to leave and go find Mattheo when Lorenzo Berkshire sits down across from me.

" Y/n" he smiles. " How are you?" He asks.

Me and Enzo are both in Slytherin and share a similar friend group, but I wouldn't consider us that close. So I'm surprised he wants to sit with me.

" Hey Enz" I say returning the smile. " I'm alright. Just heading back up to the common room actually"

" Oh so soon?" He looks almost disappointed at my leaving. " Stay and chat for a moment"

" Umm..." I know if Mattheo were here he'd throw a fit. " Sure" I say slowly.

" We should hang out more" he says out of the blue.

" Yeah for sure" I nod trying to sound interested.

" We could maybe have dinner?" He asks.

This is the one part I hate about being in a secret relationship. Nobody knows your taken, so everyone thinks they have a shot.

" That's really sweet Enzo, but I don't think that's a good idea" I say kindly.

Just as I'm about to leave I catch a figure out of the corner of my eye. Mattheo. Oh shit.

" Y/n. Lorenzo" he says greeting both of us before sitting down next to me.

" Hey Riddle." Lorenzo says wearily.

" What are you two talking about?" Mattheo asks. I know he's upset. I can feel the jealousy radiating off of him.

" I was just asking Y/n if she'd want to grab dinner sometime" he says tapping his fingers on the table. " She said no and I'm trying to get her to change her mind"

" Enzo that's really sweet but-" I get cut off by Mattheo.

" You know what I see where your coming from Enzo" he says grabbing my thigh harshly under the table. " She's stunning. But she's not interested in you so move along"

" Woah man relax. It's not like you two are together" he chuckles at Mattheo aggressive reaction.

" Well she told you no so I guess that's that" Mattheo said gripping my thigh tighter.

" What's your problem dude?" Lorenzo asks getting agitated now.

" Don't have one" Mattheo smiles. " Well I should be going I was just stopping to say hi" he says feigning niceness.

" Where are you headed?" Lorenzo asks.

" Actually funny you should ask that. I'm actually planning on hanging out with my girlfriend this afternoon. You should seriously get one Enzo" he says moving his hand higher up on my leg.

" Theo" I warn nervously under my breath.

" How did I not know you had a girlfriend? How long?" Lorenzo asks innocently.

" Three years now actually. And I'm already late" he says. " One second let me call her" Mattheo smiles.

Oh shit.

Ring Ring.

My phone begins to buzz beside me on the table. I pick it up and answer it even though I already knew the shit Mattheo is pulling.

" Hello?" I ask pretending not to know who's on the other end.

" Hey Y/n." Mattheo smiles beside me but not looking at me. He's staring daggers into a shocked and confused Lorenzo.

He hangs up the phone.

" Well I have to be going now" he says standing up from his seat, but now before tilting my head towards him and kissing and smiling knowingly against my lips.

I can't believe he's pulling this shit in front of Enzo.

" Don't flirt with my fucking girlfriend Berkshire" he says before storming out of the Great hall.

Lorenzo looks at me stunned and I give him a weak smile.

" He's a little protective sorry" I try.

" S- s since when? - H-how the fuck?....what?" He stutters incoherently under his breath.