Die For You

The room is so dark I can barely see my own hand in front of my face, let alone the death eaters sitting before me. My heart races, and quickens will every moment that passes.

" What do you want with me?" I ask, my voice cracking. " I killed her. That was our deal!" I raise my voice in a desperate attempt to free myself.

I became a death eater the moment my parents thought me to be of age. I have certainly had scary meeting with other members where I feared for others safety, but I never imagined having to fear my own. All I want is to be back at Hogwarts, living out my days with Mattheo.

" Shut your mouth girl!" A voice shouts. " You will speak when spoken too" it says grimly.

My eyes adjust more to the dim lighting, enough that I can make out a few figures seated around this seemingly never ending table. As I wait for the inevitable I send silent prayers up above for mine and Mattheos safety.

" I've been watching" he says. I would know that time anywhere and immediately my senses alert to the imminent threat seated before me. The Dark Lord.

" I have completed the tasks you ask of me. I have kept my mouth shut. I have been loyal" I speak trying not to let any tears fly as I do so.

" Ah yes. You have been one of my most loyal followers Ms. Y/n" he pauses a terrifying smile gracing his lips. " However recently you seem to have become more loyal to someone else"

" I only serve you" I state a small quaver in the back of my throat.

" It seems I am not the only Riddle with power over you." My heart drops to my stomach when I realize he is speaking of Mattheo. " You must know what I have to do?"

" Kill me?" I utter quietly under my breath hoping that I am mistaken.

" No no." A menacing grin traces his lips. " Mattheo Riddle will die by your hand tonight, if you do not complete this task then you must leave Hogwarts and vow never to speak to him again" he laughs as my world falls apart.

" You expect me to kill your only son?" I repeat somewhat shocked. " I can't. I won't."

" Then you must pack your bags and leave that school if either of you wish to survive." He says and with a flick of his wrist Im back in my dorm room. Alone.

Killing Mattheo simply is not an option, although I will be losing him either way. My heart silently breaks as I begin packing my trunk a heavy flow of tears pouring down my cheeks.

Me and him have been together for two full years now. For two teenagers I would consider that impressive. We started as enemies, threatened by each others power and will. By fourth year we had established feelings, by fifth we could talk about them, and by sixth we were official. It shatters my being to throw years of built up trust away like this. But what choice do I have?

I shut my trunk just as the door to my room swings open. I don't have to look up to know who's walked in. There's only one person who never bothers to walk.

" Hello love" I can hear the smile in his voice and I slowly look up to meet his gaze. His eyes shift into a concerned expression upon sight of my puffy and swollen eyes.

" What's wrong?" He asks immediately pulling me into a tight embrace. I can't manage words so I simply shake my head.

" Oh no. Are you hurt?" He asks holding my head in his hands as if inspecting me for even the smallest scratch. I shake my head again.

" My love tell me what happened and I'll fix it for you" he says beginning to look just as miserable as me.

" I had a meeting. With the loyalists" I start taking a small step away from him.

" What the fuck did they do to them cause I swear I'll" I hold up a hand cutting him off.

" Your father doesn't think that the tasks I've completed are enough to warrant good behaviour" I reach for a tissue from my dresser and dab my eyes slowly, watching as mascara forms on my now soaked hands.

" What an asshole. I can talk to him" he says taking a step toward me and I mirror him talking I step back.

" Mattheo he....he thinks I've become to loyal to you" I cry harder at the very thought. " He sees that I would give my life for you"

" What does any of that concern him?" He snaps agitated.

" He told me I had two options for my last mission" Turning ti face the window. Any view is better than his heartbroken face.

" No" he says nit wanting to hear the rest.

" Kill you, or leave you and Hogwarts behind" I can feel his world crumbling and his eyes welling with tears.

" Kill me" he says quickly. No trace of hesitation in his voice. " Kill me. I would rather die than not be with you Y/n. It sounds ridiculous but it's true"

" Oh Theo no..." I say reaching out and touching the side of his face. " I want you to be happy with someone. You'll forget about me one day"

" No I won't. Dammit Y/n you can't do this to me" he says a single tear running down his face.

" if there was any other way I would do it. I would do anything for you. But I refuse to end your life. I will never ever change my mind in that" my voice shakes and my hands tremor.

" So that's it your just leaving?" He asks motioning to the trunk on my bed. His voice is cracking and his pupils dilate with panic.

" He said leave now." I say reaching for a second tissue.

" No" he shakes his head. " No"

" I'm so sorry" I beg his forgiveness as I pick up my wand and prepare to apparate. I can't look at his sad tear stained face any longer.

" Y/n" he freezes me before I can go. " Just so you know, I would rather die a million deaths by your had than have to live in a world without you in it" he's serious.

" If you died Mattheo it would be like they just forgot to bury me. My soul would die with yours" I'm not trying to me sentimental or emotional, it's simply the truth. If he died so would I, maybe not physically, but I would never recover.

He doesn't say anything and I just look at him. I open my mouth to speak one last time before I vanish and never see his beautiful handsome loving face again.

" Sadness flies away in the wings if time, and hearts were made to be broken."

And with that I'm gone.
And just like that he became a stranger with every single one of my secrets.