This Was Not Part Of The Plan

" I don't understand Mattheo!" I say raising my voice now. We're standing in his dorm room and a silencing spell was cast the moment I said I needed to speak with him.

" What don't you understand?" He huffs irritated.

" You know I love you. I know you know, beacuse you can fucking read minds which you love to tell me all the time!" I continue. His eyebrows knit together in thought. Not many are brave enough to speak to the dark lords son the way I am right now. But I know damn well he won't lay a hand on me.

" No. you can't" he sighs eventually rubbing the bridge of his nose. " You just can't"

" Why not?" I snap angrily shoving his chest lightly.

" Because you just can't!" He says raising his voice now.

" But I do. You know I do. Your telling me that you've never read my mind before? Heard what I'm thinking about you?" I ask pushing his chest more aggressively this time. He catches me off guard by grabbing my wrists firmly.

" I know how you feel and I'm telling you to. Stop. Feeling. It" he says through gritted teeth. I'm not buying any of this crap.

" Your being bloody ridiculous Theo! You don't care about me at all what so ever then?" I ask allowing myself to be held in his tight grip.

" I didn't say that." He snaps. He lets out a heavy breath and drops his head releasing my grasp.

" This was not part of the plan" he grumbles. " My father is going to kill me" he groans rubbing his eyes to hide the distress.

" What's your father got to do with this?" There's a long silent pause as I connect the dots.

" Oh my god" I whisper under my breath. He just looks at me. " Oh my god" I say a little louder.

" This whole thing is a set up. Your father wants me dead. How foolish of me to think his son just transferred here. So he sent you to finish me off then huh?" I question hiding the hurt as best I could manage but I know he sees it.

" a this whole thing is a set up?" I repeat when he doesn't say anything.

" was a setup. It started that way Grace but you fucked things up" he said sitting on the edge of the bed.

" I kill people all the time and it's simple. Easy to manipulate, easy to charm, easy to end. But you...you were different." He sighs as if it pains him to show any vulnerability.

" I knew the moment my father showed me the image of you, the girl he wants gone, that this was going to be utterly impossible. And when I saw you in person I knew it was going to take all my will power to do it" he says looking away from me completely. I don't say anything because I get the sense he isn't finished his story.

" I saw you the first few months around school and I granted you time. Usually I would get it over with quickly. End it right there. But you looked so...so....you just looked so peaceful and elegant and I couldn't do it. I was weak around you. Something I wasn't and I'm still not used to" he breath sneering my eyes now. I swear their red with the chance of tears but I know he'll never let one slip around me.

" Then when we first talked I knew that nit only would it be exceptionally hard to end your life, but instead that it would be absolutely impossible. And my motives switched from trying to kill you, to delaying my task, to trying to protect you." He stand up now.

" Do you know how many fucking times I've saved you without you even knowing it?" His words are sharp. " Countless times. You don't even realize. There are people out to get you beacuse of your family, and everyone that threatens you I take care of" he continues walking toward me.

" I go against the dark lords wishes just ti make sure your safe. I've given up all my respect amongst my people to protect you and every day it only gets fucking harder!" He looks panicked now.

" and yes. Your correct. I can read minds and I've always known everything. I've always known but I was hoping you would never say the words out loud because it's made things ten times more complicated" he says.

" So don't tell me you love me because you can't. For your own safety you can't." He finishes.

" I don't care for my safety I care for you. I'll join you. I'll kill for you" I promise truthfully. His eyes widen.

" No. no. I can't lead you down that path. It's messed up" he says running a hand through his hair.

" But I want to be with you" I plead pathetically.

" Yes I know but I'll never understand why. I'm the son of evil, the heir of evil, I myself am evil. I'm nice to nobody and murder people in my spare time." He says as if this is going to make me run for the hills.

" i know it doesn't make sense but I want you okay?" I say.

" I don't know.." he trails off for once at a loss of words.

" What's the worst that could happen?" I say even though we both know the answer.

" A terrible life that would lead to a terrible death." He groans.

" Your powerful Mattheo but so am I. Together we would be invincible" I plead.

" Yes but you fight for good. I do not" I says raising an eyebrow seriously considering it now.

" I'll fight for evil without hesitation" I say truthfully. More exhilarating.

" I'll think about it" he says which is probably the best I'll get.

" Okay" I say mildly disappointed. He lifts the silencing spell. It's late now. Time for me to head to bed.

He sighs heavily and slowly looks at me.

" You can stay the night. It doesn't mean I'm agreeing to this but..." he says slowly.

" Are you sure you won't just kill me while I'm sleeping?" I joke.

" If I wanted you gone I would have done so already. I've had every opportunity" he says before pulling back the sheets for me to slide in.

I hesitate before climbing in beside him. He looks into my eyes for a few moments.

" Your fucking things up" he whispers. But he doesn't sound mad about it.

" Give in" I whisper back maintaining his sharp gaze.

" You know I want to" he softens and reaches a hand out to wrap around me.

" Goodnight Mattheo" I smile gently relaxing into his touch. I can't force him to go against his family for me. I would never ask that if him. But no matter how long it takes I will wait for him, and stand by his side.