Sexual Tension

Tension. A word described in the dictionary as the feelings of immense pressure and anxiety formed between two beings.

In this particular situation those two beings would be Me and Mattheo Riddle.

It all started in fourth year when we both attended our first ever Slytherin party. There was laughing, drinking and loud music. Me, Astoria and Pansy had spent all evening getting ready together in our shared dorm.

Flashback

" He has to notice you in this dress Y/N. He'd be a fool not to" Astoria smiled tying the back of my dress tightly shaping my waist.

" I overheard him talking about you today in care of magical creatures. He said he wants to ask to dance with you" Pansy giggled as she put the finishing touches on her makeup.

Blaise Zambini has been supposedly eyeing me for months now. Well that's what I've heard from everyone else. This party is supposed to be my chance to really wow him, make him want to come talk to me. I wasn't even one hundred percent sure that's what I wanted.

I've seen the way Pansy looks at Draco and I know for a fact that's not the way I look at Blaise. But I want to fit in. If he asked me to dance I probably wouldn't say no.

"Alright we are all ready!" Astoria claps excitedly.

We carefully made our way down the stairs in our heels. The common room music was blasting loud enough the floor rumbled under my feet.

It was packed to the brim. There were girls and guys dancing on tables and a game of spin the bottle happening in the corner.

"I'm going to go see if I can get us drinks!" I shouted over the music wanting desperately to be alone for a moment.

I carefully made my way to the table holding a display of red plastic cups when all of a sudden I hit something hard and solid. At first I thought I was standing against a wall, but then I looked up.

A boy with brown curly hair and a scar over his eye stared back down at me.

I wanted to say sorry or apologize for banging straight into him, but he simply touched my arm and moved me to the side.

It was right then and there I felt it. I no longer cared if Blaise saw me in this dress or not.

It was that mystery boy. He was who I wanted. He was who I needed.
______

I shake the memory from my head remembering I'm in a public setting.

"What's on your mind?" Blaise asks nudging my side lightly.

"Hm? Oh...nothing" I give him a fake looking smile that he doesn't pick up on, and continue eating my food.

It's been two years since the incident at the party, but truthfully I'm not entirely sure Blaise doesn't still like me. I certainly don't feel the same about him.

" She's probably thinking about how Snape called her out today in potions for falling asleep" Mattheo joked sliding into his seat across from me at the Slytherin table.

" I wasn't but thanks for reminding me." I grimace picking at my food miserably.

" Didn't sleep well?" He asks. It sounds genuine but Mattheo isn't a genuine person so sometimes it's hard to tell.

"No. I was up late studying" I sigh looking up for a split second to meet his soft brown eyes.

He doesn't respond I can feel his knee carefully bump mine under the table. I know it was on purpose.