Healing

" Angeline please let me help you" Mattheo pleaded grabbing her wrist lightly. " Your injured"

" No. Fuck you Riddle" she cried. Usually Mattheo would have found this the perfect opportunity to make a dirty joke, but in this moment he restrained himself.

" Your hurt. Can't you just stop hating me long enough to let me heal you?" He asks.

" Why? Your the one that got me in this mess!" She attempts raising her voice but she's weak and can't speak as forcefully as she wishes. " Why heal me anyways? I'm suprised you aren't just letting die. That's what you've wished for since first year!" She snaps.

" Please Angeline. We can't be enemies right now. I'm so so sorry about my mother. Honestly" he says not letting go of his grasp on her wi h she doesn't have the strength to pull away from.

" Fine. You heal me. But let's get one thing straight" she says wobbling over her words. " I owe you absolutely nothing"

" Fair enough" he sighs pulling the stubborn girl to his bedroom and shutting the door behind them.

" Sit" he motions to the bed. When she doesn't make a move to sit down he turns angrily towards her.

" Is every step of the way going to be difficult?" He asks throwing his hands up in the air.

" I'm not clean. I don't want to sit on your bed dirty. I feel bad" Angeline says. Mattheo looks at her in pure disbelief. He has never come across someone who could be in so much pain and still so feisty.

" My sheets are the least of my worries right now. Sit. Down. Now." He says this time with a tone that forces her to take a seat.

He sits down carefully beside her. Angeline tries to steady herself from tipping over the pain almost too much to bare.

" Lean on me" he says motioning to his shoulder but she refuses making him roll his eyes before lightly pulling her elbow so that she is resting against him.

He prepares what he will need to heal her before turning to face her, holding her up with one arm.

" Get undressed" he says.

" No!" She finds the courage to shout.

" Angeline come on!" He snaps. She sighs heavily before nodding her head.

She slowly lifts her arms to pull her shirt off, but the stabbing pain in her back makes her immediately let go.

" Can I?" He asks referring to undressing her.

" I don't think I have much of a choice do I?" She frowns allowing him to lift the top over her head and pull her pants down.

" Turn. I need to see your back" Mattheo says and she willingly does so. Sure enough it's black and blue as well as swollen.

" I have to undo up your bra Angeline" he warns unclipping it watching as she immediately tries to cover herself.

" I know we're enemies but I don't quite know why your acting like I haven't seen you naked before. Would you like me to remind you that we've had sex?" He teases distracting her from the healing process. " And more than once I might add"

He finishes with her back and moves on to the rest of her body. Once she is fully healed he directs her to the bathroom.

" Go have a shower" he orders. " And don't fucking try to tell me you won't use my shower"

With nothing more to say she solemnly heads in that direction taking some of his clothes to change into for when she's done.

Panic washes over her the minute she steps inside. She still too sore to do this herself.

Oh shit.

He's seen you naked before. He's touched you naked before. He's not your enemy right now. He wants to help. She reminds herself.

" Mattheo?" She calls out. He knows she needs help the minute she uses his first instead of last name.

" I'm coming!" He calls before she even finishes her sentence. He enters the bathroom and leans against the counter.

" It was stupid of me to expect you to shower. Hop in the bathtub" he says nodding his head in that direction. She does as she is told getting too tired to put up anymore if a fight.

He begins helping her wash herself neither of them much caring about what he sees or touches at this point.

All of a sudden she cries. She cries so hard that Mattheo stops.

" I'm so so sorry darling" he whispers running a hand through her hair holding her wet body against his clothed hoodie soaking it.

" Your gonna stay the night in here okay?" It isn't really a question so she doesn't respond.

They finish in the bathroom and he allows her to climb into his bed.

She calms down enough to turn to face him.

" This is a mess" she whimpers a silent tear trickling down her cheek.

" I know, but I'll speak with my father and I promise you I'll never let home lay a hand on you again" he swears.

" No not that. Us. We're a mess." She sniffles. " I don't hate you. I hate how much I'm drawn to the one fucking person I'm supposed to hate" she whispers. His eyes grow wide and he bites the inside of his cheek.

" I don't want you in danger" he counters trying to push her a way.

" I would put myself in danger everyday to be with you" she says stunning even herself with meaning of her words.

" Angeline..." he trails off unsure what to do. He hesitates before pulling into his chest and running a hand timidly through her hair.

" We'll talk when your feeling better okay? I promise we'll have a serious talk" he whispers.

He holds her until she falls asleep.