The Truth

" You have to. A dare is a dare!" Pansy Parkinson drunkenly slurs. I suck in a sharp breath.

" No. no. If I'm doing a dare it should just involve me. No one else's night should be affected" I try, but all of my friends are far too intoxicated to understand a word of what I'm saying.

" Drink it! drink it! Drink it!" They chant pushing a vile of vitresuem closer and closer to me. Seeing as there's no other choice I take a small sip hoping the effects won't be as strong. The group cheers excitedly. Turns out alcohol and vitrusem do not mix well.

" That's it for me tonight you guys. I don't feel well" I say. The entire group knows I'm telling the truth because of the portion I just drank so they allow me to leave the room. However I quickly relize just how sick I truly feel.

I don't know if it's a good idea for me to be alone and this drunk. I stumble in the direction of the only other person I can think of and knock on the door.

It opens and there stands an extremely agitated Mattheo. When he sees the state I'm in he seems to relax and soften.

" Alice?" He asks.

" Vitruseum" I mumble tripping and leaning against the doorway to steady myself.

" oh well then it's probably best that you don't talk to me" he smiles a little.

" Why is that?" I laugh drunkenly.

" I think you know why" he says mysteriously.

" Yeahhhh your right" he holds out an arm to help me steady myself. " I know you hate me but your really hot" I say immediately clamping my hand over my mouth.

" I don't hate you" is all he says before pulling me into his room and closing the door.

" Why are you helping me?" I question sceptically.

" because I don't hate you" he repeats.

" You hate everyone" I say blankly.

" Most people yes. Not you though" he says motioning for me to turn around so he can help me undo my dress.

" Oh" is all I can manage.

" I think about you a lot" I laugh knowing what I'm saying is crazy but nit being able to stop myself.

" I know you do" he says calmly passing me a t shirt if his to put on.

" You know I'm dating Theo?" I ask stumbling as I pull the shirt on. I'm pretty sure I flashed him but I'm in no state to care.

" I do know" he says but his voice has chilled.

" Does that make you mad?" I ask boldly. He tenses behind me.

" It's time for bed" is all he says.

" I don't think I can do that" I say. " If I get in your bed I won't be able to sleep"He sighs heavily and turns so he is facing me.

" Why is that?" He asks when i know he already knows the answer.

" Because I won't be able to sleep knowing your there. I think about you enough when I'm in my own bed let alone next to you." He sighs and looks down at his feet. " And I'll want to touch you. But I can't." I finish.

" You can if you want" is all he says pulling the sheets back and allowing me to climb in beside him. I turn si I'm facing him.

" Your kind of irresistible." I say fighting the urge somehow to scooch closer. " Sometimes I wish you were Theo. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just with him so I don't think of you. Beacuse for the past six years all I've ever done is think of you"

" Your drunk" he says a if that means nine if what I'm saying is true.

" slightly but I'm also under a truth potion" I say.

" you know I want you" he says whispers so low I don't hear him the first time.

" You know I care. But we can't" he says staring at the ceiling.

" Why not?" I ask him. He turns so his head is also facing mine.

" Because" he begins. " My family is dangerous. I never ever want you in danger"

" Kiss me" I say.

" You know I want to but you'll regret it in the morning" he says.

" Okay." I trail off. " If I still want you to kiss me in the morning will you?" I ask.

" Yes" is all he says.

I roll over so that I don't get distracted by his face or his lips.

By the time the sun rises there are parts of the evening I wish to forget and parts I hope stay with me forever.

" Ah your awake" Mattheo says exiting in the bathroom.

" Yeah sorry about last night" I rub my eyes.

" Would you like me to pretend you didn't say have the stuff you said or do you want to talk about?" He asks giving me the option.

" No we should probably talk about it" I whisper sitting up as he sits down beside me.

" I still want you too" I say sadly.

" I figured that" he says.

" Will you?" I ask

" If we do everything becomes real. And theres no going back. We can forget a conversation, but we can't forget a kiss" he says.

" Please" I sound pathetic. He leans in so our lips are brushing with every word he speaks. I close the gap between us pressing my lips against his as he lets a hand fall to my waist. The kiss deepens as I let my hand tug at his hair as he instinctively pulls me closer to him. Eventually we both pull away due to shortness of breath.

" Be with me" I whisper. His eyes are glazed with lust and hope.

" Break up with him" he says back stroking my hair softly.

" The moment I do that, will you be with me?" I ask. Mattheo is not known for commitment and double checking is probably a good idea.

" I promise" he swears. " I promise" he repeats.