Drink From My Cup

Me and Mattheo are complicated. We're together but we're also not. We're friends but we're also more.

This evening is quiet. It's late for us to be having dinner and the Slytherin table is practically empty. We're sitting across from eachother talking about our trip to Hogsmeade and plans for the next day.

" My mother wants me home for the holidays" I groan rolling my eyes.

" I would offer that you stay with me but I have a feeling you'll be much safer with your mother than with mine" he smiles a little which makes me laugh.

" Oh please. Your mother loves me." I say. It's true. Bellatrix is also Draco's aunt, the two of us have been close friends ever since I was little.

" What about my father?" he says raising an eyebrow.

" Okay maybe not him." I sigh.

" Hey Mattheo?" I ask. My drink is empty and I'm still quite thirsty from Quidditch practice earlier.

" Hm?" He asks looking up from his plate.

" Can I have some of your drink?" I ask nervously. Mattheo has always been very personal about his things and germs for that matter.

I once witnessed him almost punch Blaise for using his fork, and one time he actually did punch Theo for using his straw.

" Of course you can" he says passing me his glass.

" A- are you sure? Will you still drink it after I've drank from it?" I ask. " you know what I'll just ask for another" I say.

" Why can't I share a drink with you?" He asks confused. " You really think I won't drink form it after you?"

" Well you usually get mad when people do stuff like that" I say carefully taking the glass.

" Y/n we've made out countless amounts of times. That's far more intimate than sharing a glass" he says continuing on eating.

" Are you sure?" I ask one last time.

" Y/n if you ever and I mean ever want some of my drink or have to use my fork you can go ahead okay? Rules don't apply to you" he smirks.

And so that's how things went. For the next five months we continued on like this. If I ever needed something I would take it and the same went for him.

We still aren't really a thing and it's as if people have not noticed our closeness throughout these past couple of years. That was until one day in late June when the two of us decided to go to dinner early.

We were sitting with the popular Slytherins of course. Draco, Theo, Enzo, Blaise, Pansy, and Astoria.

We all chatted and talked mom at ourselves until the end of dinner when everyone got up and left. I stayed behind ti talk with my best friend Draco for a moment.

" So you and Riddle huh?" He asks catching me off guard.

" W-what?" I ask choking a little on my bite food.

" Welk I'm just assuming. I noticed you drink from his cup and he didn't say anything" he says.

" So?" I ask realizing where this was going.

" So? He doesn't let anyone do that. He just really like you" he says.

" Oh Shove off."