My Tutor

" Y/l/n, I assume you are aware that you are very close to failing my class" Snape says tapping his fingers on his desk.

" Yes Professor" I nod dismally. Potions was the class I thought I would excel at this year however I have proven myself wrong countless amounts of times.

" I have noticed you studying in the library and although I appreciate the effort, it is not enough. I'm setting you up with a tutor" he says folding his hands together and pressing his lips into a thin line.

" Now I know you two may perhaps have some negative history, but for the sake of your grades I beg of you to push that aside. He is the top of my class after all." Snape pauses trying no doubt to distinguish my expression.

" Professor please no. Anyone else" I try, already knowing the name about to leave his lips.

" Mattheo Riddle will be an excellent tutor for you. I suggest you speak with him after school today and work out some times your both available" with that he stands and leaves the room not even giving me a chance to argue.

My evening is ruined. So much for a carefree Friday night. I'm walking through the halls on my way back to the Slytherin dormitories when I run into something solid.

" I'm so sorry my bad" I say stepping away and looking up at his figure. Oh shit.

" Ah my newest student" he teases, but his eyes show no sign of amusement.

" Shove off Riddle. I don't need you." I say attempting to push past him. He catches my shoulder and holds it tightly.

" Oh but you do y/n." He smirks. " what you don't want to spend time with me?"

" No Mattheo I don't. You've never been anything but an asshole towards me!" I roll my eyes.

" What! No I was nice to you last week" he says still gripping me firmly for some reason.

" Oh really? Tell me about this time you were nice" I roll my eyes to the ceiling.

" You dropped your transfiguration textbook and I returned it to you" he says smugly because he feels he's proved himself right. But he's not telling the whole story.

" Yes you did Riddle but not before writing 'out of all idiots your the worst' on the front cover" I say.

" Yeah because that was funny" he says laughing at the memory.

" See we don't get along because your an asshole to me. I'm talking to Snape tomorrow about getting a new tutor" I snap roughly ripping my arm out of his grasp and storming the rest of the way to my dorm room.

I walk in and close the door aggressively making my roommate Pansy jump.

" Bloody hell Y/n!" She says closing her book and raising her eyebrows at me. " Bad day?"

" Nothing" I sigh plopping down on my bed. " Just failing potions" I roll so that I'm facing her.

We usually spend our evening recapping our eventful days. If our day was particularly bad we'll sneak into the kitchen after ours and eat ice cream.

" Oh no" she pouts. " but you've been studying so hard!"

" Apparently not enough. The worst part is I have to get a tutor. Professors orders" I bury my face in my pillow.

" Well that might be good for you Y/n" she sighs coming over and sitting beside me rubbing small circles on my back.

" Not when your tutor is Mattheo Riddle" I mumble. The comfort of her touch disappears.