The Invisible Woman

My feet are quick to hit the brakes when I spot him waiting outside of Grinders

It's a good thing it's early in the fucking morning because there's hardly any traffic out on my way to work. This means I don't unintentionally start a pile-up while trying to figure out what the fuck my woman's ex is doing back in town.

Titan.

My fingers tighten around the steering wheel as a rumble vibrates my chest.

I shove my sunglasses to the top of my head so I can get a better look and make sure it's really him I'm seeing.

Last I heard from Everleigh, he's been out of communication because he was off on a mission. Sounded like she wasn't expecting him back anytime soon either.

A car honks from behind me and I spit out a curse when it grabs Titan's attention. His head jerks my way and his eyes lock onto mine through the windshield.

The corners of his mouth tilt into a smirk and, as I'm shoving my glasses back down my face, he blows me a kiss, taunting me.

Something about that move has the skin tightening around my jaw because it lets me know that he's already been in contact with Hayvin and knows that I'm a fuck up.

Instead of letting him know it bothers me, I blow one right back to him and take off with a squeal of tires.

Is he back because of Hayvin? Did she call him?

My mind is in chaos with thoughts of them for the rest of the drive. By the time I make it to work, my chest feels as if ten pounds of magma settle on top of it and I have to fight with myself to keep from going back to confront him.

I know his sister lives here too, but my gut tells me she's not the sole reason for his return to Granite Bay.

It takes until I'm settling behind my desk in my office to recognize the emotion that I'm feeling.

Fucking jealousy.

It's mixed with a shit ton of anger, but jealousy is prevalent. I've never experienced it before and I can't say I exactly like the way it feels either.

It leaves me feeling out of control. Considering we've got a fucking hostile takeover on the damn books for today, out of control is the last damn thing I need to be.

Not being able to talk to Hayvin, not being able to hear her voice, not seeing her beautiful face...it keeps me up most nights. She's been my world for the last three years, and it wasn't until I lost her that I realize I had a shit way of showing her that. My only goal now is to prove to her that she is. Charlie and Keaton gave me pointers. Be open and honest, stop running when feelings become too big for me, and stop putting my friends before her as a way to keep a distance between us. It was all stuff that had already been running through my head, but it's good having people who are going through the fight to give me clarity.