7.

Angel Reese-Johnson
____

I've been redecorating the house for the past few months. Of course with the help of Flau'jae and our professional interior designers.

Flau'jae and I got this house built from the ground up. We bought a large portion of land and worked from there.

We built a mansion, so this house is pretty big. It's actually bigger than we planned, but it's okay I love it. I can't believe I started redecorating months ago, and I'm still decorating.

"That's high as fuck" I said aloud to myself while down at how far from the floor I was, "Oh shit"

For a second I debated whether I should get down or finish. I'm trying to hang up a picture that I've been asking Flau'jae to hang up.

She told me not to do it and to wait for her, but she's gone now. Nobody's here to do it or help me, so I'm doing it.

I made sure the nails in the wall were in before pulling the picture from underneath my arm. Once it was up there I smiled happily.

Yay.

As I made my way down the latter, I prayed hard. I'm proud of myself for climbing high and not chickening out.

Once I made it completely down I backed up before hearing something fall. I turned around before feeling a sharp pain at the bottom of my foot.

"Fuck" I muttered seeing glass and blood all over the white tile floor, "Oh shit"

I limped over to the nearest couch and sat down. After looking at the bottom of my foot I started panicking. The cut looks bad and the piece of glass is not small.

I'm scared to even attempt to remove the glass, I don't know what I'm doing. I got back up before getting my phone and sitting back down.

As much as I want to call Flau'jae, I'm not.
I call her about any inconvenience, but I'll sit this one out.

She's not gonna do anything, but get on my ass for not waiting on her. Not to mention I broke a glass trophy, so she's gonna be mad.

I called my mom and she walked me through getting the glass out my foot. After getting it out, I wrapped it up. My foot still hurts and this limp is not cute.

I swept the glass up before leaving out of that area. I'm just gonna take a nap and hopefully when I get up, I'm not clumsy.

I woke up to the my phone ringing repeatedly before grabbing it. Without looking at the caller ID, I answered.

"Hello" I said while laying back down

"I know you're not sleep, you might as well get up" Alisa said through the phone before I sighed, "We going out, so be dressed because I'm on the way"

She hung up before I could even respond. Did she just tell me what to do and hang up in my face?

I'm gonna get dressed, but I'm cursing her out for hanging up on me.

I got out the bed instantly being reminded of what happened earlier. I don't know if I'm gonna make it through the night with this foot.

Maybe when I start drinking the liquor will numb the pain. Just maybe.

I went in the bathroom and turned the shower on before getting in. After washing I got out and found something to put on.

I was still getting ready before hearing the doorbell ring. Slowly making my way downstairs, I opened the door seeing Alisa, Sa'Myah, and Mani.

"Okay, I'm fucking with the outfit. You look good in that color, sister" Mani said as they all came brushing through me

"Thank you" I thanked her while closing the door, "What were y'all doing?"

"We was getting ready, I went to pick them up" Alisa answered as I just watched them

"Y'all are so gittery, I know y'all wasn't drinking"

"You know we gotta feel a buzz before we hit get to where we going. We got a half of bottle in the car, you gotta take a shot" Sa'Myah said before I shook my head

"I'm not suppose to drink until November, so I'm not drinking tonight" I told them before their facial expressions changed

"You been drinking already anyways, so it don't matter" Mani said with a shrug before I laughed a little

She's right, she right.

"If nobody's gonna convince me to do wrong, I know you will" I said before she nodded while laughing, "Glad I'm the oldest"

"You finna drink anyway and you know that" Mani said before I shrugged my shoulders

"I am" I said excitedly while heading for the stairs

I made my way upstairs and they went the opposite way. It didn't take long for me to finish up because I didn't have much to do.

After grabbing my purse and phone, I turned out the lights before going downstairs. We left making it to the club before going in.

"You look good tonight" the bartender complimented me before I smiled a little, "No thank you?"

"Thank you" I said hoping that he leave me alone

"You must not wanna talk" he said handing me my shot before I shook my head

"I don't"

"It's real?" he asked while pointing at my ring, "I'm just asking for a friend"

"Yes it real, and you ask a lot of questions. You asked me four questions since I've been over here" I told him before he shrugged

"Maybe I like what I'm seeing" he said causing me to now shrug, "Anybody ever told you, you have seductive eyes?"

"Yeah, but let's wrap this up" I said getting tired of holding the conversation

"You in a rush, why?"

"Because you're throwing yourself onto me" I answered before he started laughing, "And I only came over here for something to drink"

"If you're married, why you in the club?"

"I'm grown" I simply answered, "Now bye"

"Alright, it was nice talking to you" he said causing me to hum in response

I walked away heading back over to the booth.

"You took forever, we waiting on you" Mani said before I raised a eyebrow

"What's going on?"

"We going to bless the stage with our pockets" she held up some money before I shook my head

"Let's go"

Tonight is going to be a goodnight, and I'm gonna have a good time. It's only gonna help me keep my mind off Flau'jae being gone.

I miss her.