44.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

We've been in the hospital for three days because Angel was bleeding a lot. It's crazy because we thought we was going home the day Jaeuh was born.

Nope.

The bleeding slowed down, but she just has to wear adult diapers. Today we can go home, and I'm excited to finally get Au'jaeuh out the hospital.

Au'jaeuh is a good baby, she be chilling. Everything is clear as far as her health, thankfully.

She has a head full of hair that I know is gonna give us hell. Well — just me because I wasn't gifted in that area.

Angel and I are both sleep deprived, we're running off no sleep. We're both tired, grumpy, and moody — definitely not good.

Not to mention, I'm hungry and I refuse to eat anything else from this hospital or fast foods. I need me a good home cooked meal after being in this hospital.

"What the hell are we waiting on?" Angel asked out loud before I glanced at her

"They doing another test on the baby" I told her before she made a face

"What test?"

"Hearing"

"Why they keep testing her hearing if they already cleared her?" I simply shrugged my shoulders because I don't know

Before I could say anything the door swung open revealing the doctor and Au'jaeuh.

"Okay, so everything is clear, you guys are good to go. The last thing we'll need is a car seat test to make sure everything is fine"

I'm ready to go, so I quickly got up and grabbed the car seat. As I picked up Au'jaeuh to put her in the car seat, I listened to Angel talk to the doctor.

She wants to know why they keep testing the baby hearing. These people playing at the wrong time cause neither of us is in the mood

"If the results came back positive then why do y'all keep testing her?"

"We ran two test on her and she failed one, which resulted in us doing another one today" the doctor said before I scrunched my face up, "She passed"

"That's something y'all supposed to let us know right away. So why the fuck did y'all wait until we're leaving?"

"Did you run the test on her?" I chimed in because now somebody getting fired

"The other two ladies who helped in the delivery room tested her. I wasn't aware that you didn't know, they were suppose to inform you"

"On the results sheet they gave us, it says she tested once and passed. Where the paper that say she failed?"

"I can go back and look at the history, but I wasn't aware" the doctor said before Angel sighed getting more irritated then she already is

"Y'all pissing me off, and I'm putting in a report" Angel said before leaving the conversation alone

"No dead ass cause how y'all do something like that?" I asked genuinely wanting an answer because I'm confused

"I apologize" the doctor said before leaving out the room

We made our way out of the room and to the front of the hospital. Somebody came and talked to us before we put in a report.

And just like that, somebody lost their job. This shit is not no fucking game.

After leaving out we left pulling up at home safely. Home sweet home, it feels good to be home.

"Welcome home mommy and Jaeuh" I read the balloons out loud while holding a sleeping baby

"When did you have time to set all this up?" Angel asked while smiling happily and picking up the flowers

"I keep telling you, I got time to do anything"

"It's the way you keep saying that, and I don't like how it sounds. Stop saying that because I don't know what that mean"

"It mean I got time to do anything" I repeated before she stopped and stale faced me

"Stop saying that, like I'm not playing"

"Alright, alright" I'm just gonna fall back because I know the direction her mind is going

"But thank you for the flowers, they're different this time. I like the glitter on them"

"You know I had to do what I do best" I popped my imaginary collar with my free hand

"Don't flatter yourself, now come help me"

We made our way upstairs and got comfortable. I'm having to do all the moving around because Angel's stitches is hindering her.

She's in pain still, she's not supposed be moving around anyway.

"Is this it?" I asked Angel while holding up the bin full of diapers and wipes

"Yes, you can just sit it on the nightstand"

"Alright, and you need to come sit down"

"I'm getting ready to take a shower that's why I'm in here, I feel so dirty, I need your help too" I nodded in response because I knew that

"After that stop all that moving"

"No because I have stuff to do around the house"

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you that you gone sit down. You already in pain when you walk, it's not a debate" I said before she looked at me and we just stood there staring

"Are you serious?"

"I'm not playing, you acting like the doctor didn't put you on bed rest"

"But I'm still able to move, I'm not handicapped" she said before I just gave her a death glare, "Give me a kiss"

"No"

"Stop playing" she tried to kiss me but I moved, "You for real?"

"You only want a kiss cause I'm on your ass" I pulled her into a kiss just so I won't have to hear about it later

Her cry baby ass will go on and on about it

"Thank you, and my family wants to come over to see the baby"

"And what you say?"

"I said no, she's still fresh out the pussy. She don't need to be around nobody, and my mom said they been sick"

"Bae your family — I be tryna put a filter on my mouth when it comes to them. It's hard" I admitted before she started laughing

"I know you filter your words when it comes to them. Sometimes you do, and I thank you for that"

"As long as you know I'm trying, I almost said something though. Nobody can see Au'jaeuh until she twenty one"

"Twenty one is crazy" she said before I shrugged my shoulders, "You're a joke"

"No, I'm dead ass serious"

We continued to just talk before she got in the shower. I helped her wash before she got straight in the bed.

I'm feeling overstimulated with joy it's crazy. I prayed and manifested for this family, and I got it.

God never stirred me wrong and always blessed me with big blessings. I'm thankful for everything that I have and anything coming my way.

Definitely cherishing my family and loving them each and everyday.