30.

Flau'jae Johnson
_____

"Straight cash" I yelled out while standing in front of the tv, "Ain't nobody fucking with us"

"Can you turn that off and come on?" Angel stood in front of me before I respectfully moved her

"Hold on"

My team played here in LA last night, which I had plans to go support them. Something came up, so I had to miss out on it.

I been tryna watch the playback all day, but unfortunately for me I keep getting interrupted.

I continued to watch the rerun of the game before the tv went pitch black.

"Again, I have a meeting so come on" Angel repeated for the third time, "It's gone be there when we get back"

"Alright, you sure you don't want me at the meeting with you?" I asked for the second time in thirty minutes

"Bae I never said I didn't want you there, I said you don't have to come. You're hearing what you want, and that's not good"

"Cause you said you don't want me there"

"I — okay well then don't be there, just go with your mom. You said y'all gotta talk anyways, so go talk y'all problem out"

I been going back and forth with my momma for a week now. All we've been doing is arguing because she's mad I won't take a opportunity right now

I would but I can't right now.

When I was younger, she made me take every opportunity that came my way. I had a voice of course, but if it benefited me I took it

Now that I'm grown, she let me have the last word for everything. The problem is, she get mad when I say no to certain stuff.

We left before Angel dropped me off and she went to her meeting. She think she a big girl cause she running a errand by herself

Okay.

"You starting to irritate the fuck out of me, ma. Can you just listen to me?" I asked my momma before she gave me a surprising look

"Watch who you talking to cause I don't care if you grown. I will have you rethink life real quick"

"I'm sorry but you keep tryna argue and I'm not with that. We been having this same argument for a week now"

"And you gone have it as many times as I want you to. Flau'jae I told you about this opportunity almost six months ago"

"I understand that ma, but I cannot tend to the opportunity. Angel pregnant and she can't keep traveling"

"She can go with her momma" she said causing me to suck my teeth, "You not pregnant, she is so it's nothing hindering you from working"

"I'm not sending her with her momma unless she say she wanna go. I don't think y'all understand that my wife come before all this"

"All what?" she asked as if she was confused

"Work, deals, negotiations, anything that involves work. I'm not doing that, ma I'm just not" I said confirming for the thousandth time

"Alright Flau"

"And out of all people, I feel like you should understand"

"I do understand because I been pregnant five times. She need you there, I get it but she can't be in your ass all day"

"You want me to work, but I'm the one consoling her. Nobody else, so yes, I'm putting the mother of my child first"

"So you not working until the baby drop?"

"If it requires me to keep moving, then I'm not working. Like, she carrying my whole child and I'm not risking nobody health"

Is this not the reason why I ended my season early?

I can't even count on my fingers how many times I got sick just from being in the airport. Just tracking germs back and forth, no.

We continued to go back and forth before just leaving the conversation alone. Everybody has always had high expectations when it comes to me and what I do.

It's been like this for years, and that shit is overwhelming cause I put my all into everything. What more do they want from me?

Hours passed by before Angel eventually came back to pick me up. She got fast food bags all in the car, she gone find a way to eat whenever.

Of course, we not going straight home cause somebody think money grow on trees. Angel been going crazy with buying baby stuff lately

It's packages at our house everyday.

"Why you keep — stop walking away from me" I demanded to Angel as she continued to walk

"Cause you keep following me" she said before I raised a eyebrow and chuckled, "I don't want you following me"

Angel get in her moods where she just don't want me to touch her or be around her. Like, she want me in the same facility, she just don't wanna see me.

I guess it's a pregnancy thing or her being mulish.

"We're in public with no security, mamas. So, yeah I'm following you, and you ain't come in here by yourself"

Like huh?

"But bae, I'm not a baby I don't need security" she stopped in her tracks and looked at me, "It's not funny"

"I'm not laughing, if you want me to walk far behind you I will. You just not leaving my sight"

"Go look at the other baby stuff on the other side" she demanded before I gave her the meanest mug ever

"I'm not in the mood" I simply said already knowing how this finna go, "Relax, like you not chilling"

"Okay" she waved me off and continued on

To keep the peace, I walked far behind her to where I can still see her. A couple of supporters came up to us, and we took pictures and talked

I love how calm our supporters are now. When me and Angel first got together our supporters was out of pocket.

Just saying off the wall shit, no more of that.

Eventually we left out the store with a handful of bags. I can't believe I'm about to have baby shit just laying around my house.

It's gone take a minute for me to get use to that.

"Oh now you love me" I said as Angel hugged me happily, "I hate your mood swings"

"I'm sorry, it's not on purpose I promise"

"I know mamas, you just be making me wanna choke you. My level of patients with you is crazy, it varies"

I don't know what it is, but my patience don't typically run out with her. Sometimes I can be impatient, and I feel bad afterwards every time.

That's my baby, so I wanna give her the best version of me at all times. It's not possible, but as long as I'm trying that's all that matters

"Cause you a funny acting ass Scorpio" she said causing me to laugh

"And you a stubborn ass Taurus" I said before kissing her, "I love your stubborn ass though, mamas"

"Oh, you don't have a choice. You signed a contract when we first met, then had the nerve to marry me — you stuck"

She right, I'm stuck.

I ain't sign no contract though.