40.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

"You not getting nothing for Christmas" I told Aydin as we walked out of his school, "Nobody send you to school to fight"

"It was bout my money and he said he gone take my chain too"

"You not even supposed be flashing money or wearing that chain to school" I said not understanding at all

"Momma let me"

"She let y'all do anything, damn" I mumbled to myself, "Do not expect that game from me, it's not happening"

"Flau" he threw his hands up angrily

"Get in the car" I demanded now annoyed ready to get him home

My momma woke me up out of my sleep to come get Aydin from school. He fighting over money and chains, like he some street nigga.

It's just like they don't listen and don't get disciplined, so they do what they want.

I'm sick of it.

We left immediately pulling up to my momma house a few minutes later.

"Where Angel?" my momma asked as I got comfortable on the couch

"At home, she don't feel good"

"So why you leave her?" she asked before I gave a her a confused look

"Ma you told me to go get Aydin, so that's what I did"

"She could've came" she said before I gave her another confused look

"She don't feel good, and I don't either. I'm getting a cold with a sore throat and she talking bout she having contractions"

"Take her to the doctor, now"

"I offered to take her, she just wanna lay in the bed. I don't even think she having contractions"

"Flau'jae take her to the doctor" she repeated in a more sterner tone, "If it's contractions, she in labor or getting ready to go in labor"

"She don't wanna go"

"It don't matter what she wanna do, it's her first time being pregnant. Any other time, you tell her what do. Make her ass go to the doctor"

"Alright ma" I got up and made my way out the house and to my car, "I'll let you know what happens"

I pulled off and sped home, I'm not in the mood but anything for mine.

"These gotta be contractions" Angel said as I handed her a cold water bottle, "And she just in there playing"

"We need to go to the doctor"

"No I don't wanna go, it's not even that for real. It's the fact that I'm nauseous, I threw up twice" she said before drinking from the water bottle

"I don't think it's contractions, but you need to go" 

"No

"Come sit down at least if you not gonna go. What are you down here doing?" I asked looking around kind of confused

"I forgot that the ultrasound picture and the frame was down here. I'm finna frame it and hang it up in her room"

"I told you to stop standing on stuff — stop standing on stuff. You too clumsy, and ain't got no business climbing shit"

"I can do it by myself"

"No you can't, and you know that already. I'll hang it up later, but not right now" she gave me a disappointed look as if I just gave her some bad news

I picked up the ultrasound along with the frame she had sitting on the island. We made our way back upstairs to the baby's room

Being sick is the worst feeling ever and it makes me wanna be lazy.

I've been taking medicine, but it's not helping. My throat hurt too, so I just wanna stay put.

"I can't be in your face and you don't need to be in mines. I'm going in the guest room, mamas"

"You don't have to do nothing, why can't you sit in here?" she asked before I sighed, "Please"

"I can't be in the baby or our room if I'm sick, baby. I'm finna go take some medicine and lay down"

"Can you give me a kiss at least?"

"No, and you need to lay down too if you feeling nauseous" I answered now getting ready to walk away

I stopped once I realized she was getting ready to cry. I'm not in the mood, I'm not here for her mood swings at all.

"Flau'jae —" she said as I walked into the room, fuck it. I stood there waiting for her to talk, but she wasn't saying nothing

"Explain to me what you crying for" I said now wiping her face before she shrugged, "You don't even know why you crying, you need to get in the bed"

"I feel sick because I'm in the bed"

"You don't make sense, I need you to forget about whatever you tryna do in here. Neither of us feel good, I can't keep repeating myself"

"I want you in the room with me"

After explaining over again why we can't be under each other, she left it alone. I'm trying to stay away from her, but it's hard cause she's so clingy and needy.

I don't mind catering to her, but I can't give her all of me if I don't feel good.

She went and got in the bed before I went to one of the guest rooms. After taking some medicine, I got in the bed and went to sleep.

I woke up feeling the same, okay.

I took a hot shower before peeping my head in on Angel, she's sleep. Making my way downstairs, I found something to eat.

In the process of that, I ordered some more medicine and a couple of other stuff. I would go out and get it, but I don't feel like it.

They'll just have to bring it to me because I refuse to go outside. It's cold out there too, nope.

After sitting down and eating, I went back to the living room. I ordered some mask to wear around the house.

I'm gonna go stay at a hotel and have somebody come be with Angel. She's gonna have a fit, but it's for her sake.

I don't want to risk her getting sick and it's too close to the due date.

Time passed by before my order got dropped off and I went back to the guess room. I've never spent so much time in any of the guest room.

It feel weird.

"If I come I'll be there in the next hour" Alisa said through the phone, "Wait, she's sick too?"

"Not my type of sick, she been throwing up from being nauseous"

"You better let her know you're leaving before I get there because if she curse me out, I'm coming for you" she said causing me to laugh a little

"I'm gone let her know"

"I'm coming too" Mani said in the background all excitedly, "Don't count me out"

I don't know what it is, but she love her some Angel.

"You love being in my wife face"

"That's my sister" I waved her off before we ended up hanging up the phone

I would've called her mom, but she's not even home. I'm hoping and praying that nothing go down while I'm gone.

In other words, I hope she don't go into labor.