43.

Angel Reese-Johnson
________

I breathed in and out as the sharp pain of contractions hit me. It's not even January, it's fucking December.

I can't believe she's coming early. Is that good?

"Don't touch me, damn" I demanded to Flau'jae while pushing her back

"Stop pushing me" she said angrily because that definitely was my third time pushing her back

I don't wanna be touched, I don't wanna move.

"Angel you need to cooperate" I heard my mom say through the phone and I didn't even bother to respond

"Angel if you have her right here, I'm gone be mad as fuck. I have to touch you in order to get you up, mamas"

"Stop talking to me right now" I said before practically crying

"No — breathe in and out, you not relaxing" Flau'jae said before I decided to listen

It's not working.

We finally made it out and to the hospital before they immediately got me in a wheelchair. They took me to my delivery room before hooking me up to machines.

Not to mention, I got shots as well and I barely felt them. My contractions are every three to five minutes and I'm so over it.

"Can I just do a C-section, please?" I asked the doctor before she chuckled

"It's no emergency, so you have to push"

"How long is this gonna take?" I asked another question before she gave me a genuine shrug

"However long baby girl takes, you are dilated at a six. We need you at a ten —"

I just started crying because it's no way I can wait. No telling when I'm gonna be at ten centimeters, we gone be here for ever.

"You not relaxing, relax" Flau'jae said while coming over and grabbing my hand, "You're okay"

"She'll relax after a while, if you guys need anything just call for a doctor" the doctor said before leaving out of the room

"You okay?" Flau'jae asked before I shook my head no, "Stop crying, don't cry"

"Where's my mom?" I asked now picking up my phone, "I want my mom"

"She on the way, mama" she said while taking my phone from me, "You need to calm down, lay back all the way"

She started wiping my face and before planting a kiss on my forehead.

I sat back and tried to just be at ease, but everything hurts. Eventually the same doctor came in and I ended up getting some epidural.

Apart of me wanted to go without epidural, but no. I went as long as I could without it. My mom ended up coming along with mama Kia, and they are excited.

It's gonna be weird pushing a baby out and their just literally standing there watching. I don't even want my own wife to watch, and she's seen every inch of my body.

"That needle — hell no, I'm not having no more kids" I said before taking a deep breath, "One and fucking done"

"Stop cursing, Angel" my mom said while eyeing me

"No" I replied confidently because no, "I been said stop talking to me"

That's the only way I know how to express myself right now. I'll be happy when all of this is over, I've never been in so much pain.

"Shhh, your mouth is unfiltered. Stop talking to your momma like that" Flau'jae stood up and made her way over to me

"Don't tell her anything, she's gonna regret it"