Alpha Male

Northern India; September 10th, 14:43 IST
-

The birds call to each other across the dense forest of the mountainous and hilly landscape the region is known for. In the soft earth is a large footprint that clearly belongs to a predatory animal. Two fingers reach down and brush against the shallow print.

Man: "Indian Tiger print, boys."

The lead man in the group of three says to the other two behind him. All three of them are armed.

Man: "I told you Hamilton Hill didn't any superstitious guide to lead us to big game."

He throws over his shoulder.

Man: "Devil Beasts. Ha!"

He barks out a sarcastic single laugh.He stands and the other two are easy to follow him. The three come up on a rise, hearing something growling from the lower area beneath them. Or rather in a tree that took root in the lower area. The tiger turns towards them, a low growl in its throat. Despite this the lead man takes aim.

Watching as the tiger makes its way down the tree with his scope. The Big Cat moves slowly forward, the floor is undisturbed, except for three small spheres to create a triangle that seems haphazardly placed.

Until the tiger steps in the middle of that triangle. The leader gasps as the three spring up from the ground showing that their Tesla Coil style. They emit a triple pitched whine and create what almost looks like a disturbance field. The tiger roars for a few moments before falling over.

Hunter 2: "What is that?"

One of the other men asks, spooked.

Man: "Who cares. I just made my quota."

he takes aim again. Something growls behind him, and it sounds a lot bigger than the tiger. Turning towards the source of the sound the first thing the men can see is a machine gun and a large silhouetted figure.

As the figure moves forward, it continues to growl. Stunning the men as they realize it's a large Gorilla. The lead man is the first to take off running. The gorilla growls as it fires off the machine gun. The only thing that can be heard in the distance is them screaming and the gunfire.
.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

Mount Justice; September 23rd, 06:34 EDT
-

A very different type of birds call goes through Happy Harbor and the tenseness in the darkened Mountain does not disturb them. The second Green Lantern uses his ring to create a crane to lift a large part to the second story, where another hero is waiting to help guide it in. Once it locks into place the lights begin to turn back on.

Sphere rolls down the stairs, coming to a pause beside Martian Manhunter and Captain Atom, who are working on a HoloComputer and a complex, respectively. As Sphere stops the Manhunter smiles and pats it before turning back to his work.

AI: "Synchronizing Security Protocols with Watchtower Mainframe."

The mountain's AI calls out. Green Arrow places a bowl of pretzels on the table. Wally has both his shoulders on the table and is resting his chin on his crossed wrists. Artemis sits on the same side of the table as him, leaning her right elbow on the table as her head rests in her hand.